BitchyList

Friday, November 18, 2005

Dear Santa...

... I know I have been a less than behaved boy this year. My inconstant ups and downs had affected some people around me and hurt others I love, I did not give myself to the studies as much as I could, and should, and for these reasons I will not ask for much.

Here is the thing, Santa, I pierced my nose. And to be utterly honest, I loved it! It played with my image. I feel edgy and bolder, as if my
oh so boring classic “sweet look” met this rebel wannabe and their blend worked for me. And sounds kind of foolish, but it did give me a sense of freedom, since I pierced my nose, I can dare to do and accomplish more in my life. It all may sound drama queen-ish and narcissistic, but you know well how I can get down like that sometimes
.

Anyway, let us go to my actual wish for this Christmas. See Santa, suddenly, looks like the whole world got affected by an epidemic
cheap honesty
. Suddenly, people are saying whatever the feel like, whether they are requested or not, not even caring if they will hurt some feelings. I know that because since I pierced my nose, I had these unknown people telling me their opinions about it, especially those I never asked to. This fake sincerity only hurts and feeds egos; I feel I have been controlling mine, by only giving my opinions when they are requested.

But Santa, this letter is not to ask for real and down-to-earth sincerity to human beings. I believe it is not up to me to ask such thing for them, since I only know what is good or bad for me. So Santa, I just wrote this letter to ask you to give me the power of letting go. All I wish for Christmas is to know how to turn off and do not let people’s evil comments affect me and my mood.

Merci beacoup
,

Lucas.


(Song: Annie - Vanessa Carlton [not a Christmas song, but it's inspiring].)

No comments: