BitchyList

Thursday, June 29, 2006

If You're Feeling Sinister...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...Just run to the nearest video place and rent this movie!!! It's magical and I assure you it's fifteen hundred times better than prozac or any other drug you may ever find. It's like good booze, it gets you drunk but never sick.

It has everything: Jazz, Tango, mouth-dropping dance routines, clever humor, bitter sarchasm, showbiz self-depreciation, dumb shallow press, political critics - all them mixed with the best politically incorrect lines -, the corrupt lawyer and prision guard, the brunnette femme fatale and the witty falsely ambitious blonde!!! All of them in one film!! Isn't it a blast? Ohh... the name of it? C'mon, don't tell me you still don't know it!! Duuh... it's CHICAGO!!!!


Today ho and I were quoting Queen Latifah's genius musical number, When You're Good To Moma, and we realized how long we haven't seen Chicago. So I took the advice from the beginning of the post and got it. After I watched this cute film with brilliant Claire Danes and hot Billy Cudrop (Stage Beauty) I instantly put it on my DVD. This was the whatever-th time I watched it but everything felt fresh and exciting as if it was the very first time!!

My body hair bristled all over the Block Cell Tango (my favorite part) and the press conference scene; I came every time Latifah, Gere, Zeta-Jones and Zellweger were on screen (in other words: all the time); I laughed my ass off with all the puns and jokes. This time Roxie's numbers just blew me away more than before, especially the one they homage Monroe's Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, and I even loved the Mr. Cellophane number. And to top it all, right after it finished my dad wanted to watch... so I didn't resist and watched it all over again with him!! And had all the same sensations!! Uhg... it's perfect!!!

So motherfuckers, if you ever feel like trash like killing your insignificant drama-queened self, just watch Chicago and you'll feel as if life and Light had just knocked you over giving you happiness again, even if you never actually really felt that bad!!

[Song: Nowadays - Renée Zellweger]

No comments: