BitchyList

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Lucas' Current Top 12 songs

I rarely listen to these songs when I sit in front of my PC, but they're all I do on my mp3 player. I have everything here from traditional Jazz to bubble-gum pop... and of course, there's a lot of Madge.
12. In A Sentimental Mood - Duke Ellington and John Coltrane
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I've first heard this song when I downloaded Prime's Original Soundtrack and I've been addicted to it ever since. It's a beautiful Jazz rendition with one of the most orgasmic saxophone solos I've ever heard. Besides, it makes the flu I have now sounds a bit fancier, except that I DON'T have a Brian Greenberg to take care of me. Life's a bitch!
11. Try - Nelly Furtado
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"All of the moments that already passed
We'll try to go back and make them last
All of the things we want each other to be
We never will be
And that's wonderful
That's life"
I'm a fan of this girl ever since I'm Like A Bird and it's incredible how such a great and underrated artist she is! Her lyrics are always intelligent, fun and touching and her music is exotic and filled with joy. Lately Try has been sneaking into my mind, I'm always catching myself huming it while I do stuffs.
The video is a beautiful homage to Anthony Minghella's 2003 motion picture Cold Mountain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aBfjWHKu3A
10. Nothing Really Matters - Madonna
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Nothing takes the past away like the future
Nothing makes the darkness go like the light"
How not love that? In the late 90's Madonna delivered us a collection of thrilling upbeat and wild dance tracks married to beautiful deep lyrics. Sounds contradictory, well yeah, who else but Madonna could make us think while we work our asses off on the dancefloor?
09. Where The Wild Roses Grow - Kylie Minogue and Nick Cave
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This one follows the gloominess trend that has caught me lately. But aside my inner dramas, this track is a marvel. The hushy whispery vocals of Minogue in it are orgasmic and Caven is scary and he's supposed to be; the string sections are dramatic and beautiful. Besides, who would say that the get-together of a scary-goth artist and a glitzy pop diva would work so well?
The video for it is also a masterpiece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdB-0SOd6sQ
08. Your Honesty - Madonna
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Well, simply because it makes me think of my friends back in Marilia. But, now that I'm hooked by it I started to notice what an amazing track it is. The lyrics are sweet and sexy in a way only Madonna can do. When you think of Like A Prayer, for instance, where she does Baroque-esque blend of religiosity and sexuality, you have no doubt of this woman's brilliance; and in Your Honesty you find that "special quality" with her high vocals combined with delicious guitar hooks.
07. Get Together - Madonna
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"If it's bitter at the start
Then it's sweeter in the end"
I'm mega addicted to it since the Confessions Tour started off. I don't have much to say about it though, it's simply beautiful, catchy, cute and hopeful. Love is something we all desire and tend to feel incomplete without, but it's funny that when we're facing it we back off and have second thoughts, because it's not easy to let down the guards/ego; Get Together describes that feeling so well.
The performance on the CT is the cutest thing ever. I wanna spin around myself and do knee-bends on the dancefloor!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqjuHXPaKI0
06. Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado featuring Timbaland
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Come on!! Everyone who likes to shake their asses gotta love this one!! But it's not only that, the empathy between Nelly and Timbaland is amazing and they make cheap flirting talk sound so cool and hip. Furtado's intelligence works even in a supposed-to-be shallow song: who else would say "chilvary" in a pre-sex song?
05. Erotica/You Thrill Me - Madonna
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That she's the master of re-invention, there's no doubt; but we can never be prepared to what she can do. For her Confessions Tour Madonna transformed haunt-darky-sexy 1992 Erotica into the cute-dancey-romantic Erotica/You Thrill Me. As for me, I just wanna dance to it.
04. Chocolate - Kylie Minogue
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My photo-log title is "Lucas Wants Romance" and lately it has been more true than ever. Uhg... sometimes I look at myself and see how lame I can get when I'm craving for romance, but now I've been very low-key about it. I mean, I still have butterflies for every cute boy I see on the street and all the feelings of possibility but no further drama than that. However, this desire for love made me hook in one of the best renditions about it. Kylie Minogue's Chocolate is so full of joy and describes perfectly the feelings that a romance-bitch like me feel. All I want is someone to "melt me slowly down"! And yeah, I'm as corny as this song is campy.
03. Peach Trees - Rufus Wainwright
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"'Cause I'm so tired of waiting in restaurants
Reading the critics and comics alone"
Enough said... u.u
02. A Public Affair - Jessica Simpson
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ignore the fact it's by Jessica "Annoying" Simpson. This song is simply cool and fun; and to think of her homages in it... uhg amazing!! First and foremost the song resembles Madge's Holiday; everything, since the guitar hooks to the cool bubbles, makes you think of Holiday's fun and joi de vivre. So, when the bitch decided to make her video, guess what she homages? Sorry's video!! Okay, one can say that it's a 1980's Xanadu homage, but Madge did it first, so in recent memory Jessica did a Madge homage. Cheers for her!!
01. Susan MacLoed/In The Groove - Madonna
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was a mix used in her 2004 Re-Invention Tour. First, Into the Groove is one of the coolest songs ever made!! There's no way of avoiding its marvelous beats that make you jump and whril around. But who though it would work perfectly with martial drums and a Scottish bagpipe [Susan]? I guess this is the proof that the perfect songs are those that allow themselves to be changed and still sound like themselves.
The RIT performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPbZFAPMcFk Hoo get us kilts and sticks!!

No comments: