BitchyList

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Isolation

"What’s running through your mind? Are you addicted to cynicism and doubt? Or any other dead-end thought patterns?"
And on the Friday, Dad and I went to a hotel-farm that by the very beginning felt like I was in a rehabiliation facility. I was miles away from town, no phone, no internet, no friends, no parties... and though I had a beer and rode a horse in the first afternoon and smoked as I always do, it did felt like detoxing.
Most of my days were spent with the finishing of my new favorite book Northern Lights from the His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman; I listened little to music - The One by "G-d" Minogue - and almost didn't watch TV. I ate a lot and heathily, didn't have a sip of any kind of soda and put my sleep in order. I missed the noise and eloquence of my friends... I missed a particular one more than the others... but in the end, all the silence and thinking did me greater than I imagined.
By the end of last night Dad was complaining of boredom, but it'd be too easy for me to admit my boredom and, pondering for a while, I said: "nah, I guess I'm feeling detoxed..."
Though I didn't pull a Paris/Nicole with a [fake] simple life, it felt sometimes - as I walked by the orchard - like I was back to basics... isolating myself to listen to myself. In the end, it's been a more than valid trip. An experience that will be repeated more often, without necessarily leaving town.
[Song: The One - Kylie Minogue]

No comments: