BitchyList

Monday, December 10, 2007

The Highlights

Hereby I list the best moments of a very good and rollercoaster-esque year. [It's not in importance order.]
On the very first day of the year I lost my brand new cell phone and got really stressed. But I didn't let it get me down, and appreciated the fact I was camping for the first time and having mostly a good time with one of my best friends.
Purki, Nalim, Naiara, Bel, Mônada, Marco, Tcheus... later in the year: Loli, Ana Clara, Diego... amazing friends I've come to bond with, cherish and love most dearly. From drunk nights at deserted roads to fun time at motel jacuzzis, these guys made my year wonderful.
I don't wanna talk about him... do you wanna hear about him? Well, if you do just click there.
4. The Heartbreak
Gave me dreadful moody days but it didn't kill me, which means it made me stronger.
The place I desired last year and the one I ended up despising this year. Nah, that's too dramatic, I don't despise it - but figured it wasn't exactly the place for me... at least not now.
6. UFBA
I spent six good months learning a lot and having fun with lovely people. But the best thing UFBA gave me was the assurance I didn't want to study Literature. Don't get me wrong, I still love it - but there I realized that my calling is Journalism. So here we go again...
7. Nave
The wonderful Indie party that makes me dance from 10PM to 7AM!!
8. Nina
The one I miss the most in Salvador.
9. Björk
Comments on her later.
The first semester was lived as a Bridget Jones reenactment. I spent days locked indoors stupidly mourning a broken heart, drinking vodka, smoking like a chimney and watching depressive movies. The first Bridget Jones were once watched everyday of a certain week; Moulin Rouge and Notting Hill made me cry like never; and Pride And Prejudice is the one movie that makes me cum and cry at the same time. In the end it seems ironic to call such depression as highlight, but they inspired me to write abundantly on this blog.
The commemoration of Kylie's 39th birthday took form here as a successful week of posts about the Aussie G-d. Some of them were written by four hands [the ho's and mine] and all of them were delicious things to do.
12. The Ho's absence
Cos it made me love and cherish him even more.
13. Moving back to Conquista
Returning to where you started from isn't exactly decaying. Living alone in Salvador made me appreciate even more the moments I have with people; missing human touch and care made me see the many faces of loneliness... sometimes they're like Renée Zellweger or Keira Knightley or Julia Roberts or Audrey Hepburn. But surely they sound like Possibly Maybe and Unravel.
14. Getting high
Well, I know it's politically incorrect to list it, but I had wonderful moments under influence...
15. The wanderlust
I travelled a lot this year, more than ever. And I'm just getting started...
16. Alais
The girl with a wanderlust bigger and older than mine that I never get tired of running after.
And I'm probably forgetting something... but surely I all I do is thanking - these things definitely put me in a better place.
[Song: All Is Full Of Love - Björk]

2 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Lovely post.
Then again anything featuring me is lovely, but as I read I thought to myself "holy fuck! this year has been chaotic and so full of life changing events".
When we complain about boredom we're either ungrateful or blind.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

The minute I finished writing my comment I started reading my daily tuneup and almost choked on my coffee when I read this:
"let’s all dedicate time today to recognizing the abundant miracles in our lives."