BitchyList

Monday, January 01, 2007

The First Day Of The Rest Of The Year [?]

[click the links for pics.]
I stormed out of the camp tent having the thick raindrops pounding all over my body, but the moment I arrived there I desperatedly realized that what I ran to save just couldn't be saved.

The moment me and Alais decided to come to Itacaré we vowed to have fun despite of our little inner craps [she about a boy and me about where to stay]. The first day [Friday, December 29] here was a marvel after an incredibly tiresome, stressful but still fun bus trip; there were some people from Conquista in the bus and in town my dread was accomplished when we didn't find any decent-cheap inn to check in... in other words we had to camp. Later we walked by one of the gorgeous beaches and ended sleeping on the sand, feeling the ocean breeze. We were so tired we couldn't exactly define if we were actually having fun as we danced to surf music and had bad wine with a couple of cool girls from our town that we met at night.
The following day we met the guys from the bus [a bunch of funny and cool queens] and we went to this distant beach where we had to go through an inside forest track to arrive. I felt that that almost-an-hour walk through hills, mud, trees and horrend spider-webs was worth it when I finally saw what awaited us. After hours burning under the sun we went back to town to have coffee and drinks but Alais and I ended up sleeping early: she was really tired, I was bored. By the end of that day we were already considering in returning home earlier than planned [January 3] because to spend 5 following days listening to boring reggae [not nasty but fun reggaeton] and forró; we were in the desire for some rave parties that were so in the year before [as she had told me], but all we had so far were those mostly-sleepy rhythms and an inexplicable avoidance to booze.
So the last day of the year came and I was already hating our camp neighbours; the motherfuckers spent the whole days smoking pot and listening to [uhg] reggae, Nirvana and hideous 80's Brazilian rock music. We woke up really late and after getting some money we decided to wait for that last day to decide if we should go back earlier. We strolled on the beach after eating like pigs [the main thing we managed to do well ever since] and drolling on hot tourists and an Isreali restaurant-owner; we met the cool girls again at the Beach and decided to have some mojitos and flirt with the hot percussionist that was playing. Talk about fun! I couldn't believe we were finally getting our wishes for the weekend; the musicians sat with us on the table and the heavy flirting started. Alais thought he was gay [which gave me a glow] but I instantly managed to notice that his somewhat sweet and feminine voice was due to his accent. Juliana and Alais started to flirt with him while Geisa, Tadeu [that had called in minutes before] and I had enthusiastic and inflamed conversations about art, politics and... pot! I at last got high with that; my previous try-outs weren't so succesful about the effect of the herb in me but that time it got through and hell it was heavenly! I felt happy and crazy to dance and sing and laugh and have fun. We stayed at the beach until 10 p.m. when we ran to eat and shower. As usual we got late and the year-turn was spent at the camp, but later we had the craziest and wildest fun! I got drunk and high as I no longer remembered how; we met some crazy girls drinking vodka and coke and of course we joined them, dancing at a heavenly electro-salsa [finally a reggae-less] party!! At some point Alais passed out but we kept having fun till morning, when I entered the camp and started the upseting first day of the year.
As I tied up to rest for a while I plugged my cell phone to recharge; I got into the tent to read during it but ended up passing out. Suddenly the early mentioned rain woke me up and I ran to keep my phone from getting wet. I there realized I didn't have to bother because it wasn't there anymore! Uhg, yeah my $500 reais cell phone was stollen. I actually myself for being so idiot in getting asleep and leaving the the thing there, and then I hate everything else. It nudged us to buy a bus ticket for tomorrow and of course my mind blames the coke-head pot-eater camp-neighbours. The day has been the dullest so far being compensated only by Miranda Priestly's devilish [and inspiring] behavior and the prospect of getting heavy drunk again tonight.
[Song: Heart Failed - Saint Etienne]

No comments: