BitchyList

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2047

Ahh... no matter how I try to explain you I know you won't simply believe me. You might even turn off and tell me you do, but I know that deep inside of yourselves you'll have this little hint of doubt. In the other hand I don't feel obliged to convince you about the truth of my words, I guess I'm just too old for that... old, did I say old? Uhg, sometimes I feel so into myself and into the moment I'm living that I forget I have all these years on my back. I've always lived the time I was living, with no gazing into distant futures, going with the flow [except maybe for this right and exact moment, when I speak today... but I'm years ahead]; I didn't make much plans, nor stressed myself out with the probabilities... and now I wonder... wonder! I'm always wondering, uhg... sometimes it seems like a waste of time, but you know fuck time!, I never intended to spend it as everyone thought I should... but I do wonder if this life style was really the right one for me.
Okay, the thing is: I'm Lucas, but not Lucas. I'm Lucas in 2047, when he's uh I'm... you know, 60-years-old. And in a spur of a non-kabbalist moment I decided to step back in time to let you know if I found my boogie. No, I won't tell you if I won the Oscar, nor even who won it in the year of 2007; we don't drive on flying cars [yet] and still haven't inhabited the moon or Mars; World War III still didn't happen and global warming catastrophe was indeed the big deal. It's kind of complicated [or would the word be frustrating?] to tell that even though time has changed many things, most things [at least the ones that really matters] haven't changed. But what really matters? When I was young, uhg I was very self-absorbed; not that I was a heartless egocentric bitch a hundred percent of the time, I'm not that self-deprecating, but I focused mainly on myself, my life, my achievements. Well, no one's to tell me I was wrong back then, not even myself... I still advice you all to keep building yourselves up on what you know at the moment that is right for you; you might get fucked up [and you will] but that is what is worth.
So looking at my young self now that I've gone out there and went after what I wanted I know my life was good. Probably the best feeling of fulfillment is when you look back and see that your stumbles and mistakes were your own. And G-d how I stumbled! Even when I was 20 I never expected to get things at first, I was always a bit slow and even with all my spiritual and psychological studies at the time [that are valid I recommend] I never expected nor really wanted to achieve perfection - at least not in this lifetime.
This talk sounds really presumptuous and prepotent ["here he comes the Spielberg-esque dude from the future coming to tell us what we should do"], but my main target here is myself. I'm still a bit egocentric, but I wanna tell Lucas to keep being because as I said, my life was good and it is because he just went for the things that mattered to him. And the rest "don't matter at all..."

No comments: