BitchyList

Friday, January 19, 2007

The Cigarette Club

Some say "real friendships never end", I say "fuck the end!"
When you go to a party... uhh make it a gay party, you have three options: a) you stand back looking bored stupidly waiting for someone to approach you; b) you give it away and dance your ass off as if there's no tomorrow [usually my option]; or c) you look for someone you know. I never know anyone but the last GLS party I attend to was filled with long-time-no-see people. Including Vinicius. He used to be a friend of mine during high school but for confusing unknown and teeny reasons we got apart.
However, as some trick of destiny I hung out at the party with him and the people he was with [also very known people] and now we all are The Cigarette Club. The name? Well, almost everyone here smokes like a chimney; I gave up my self control about it and honestly am not caring about cancer and other diseases related to the habit, I simply like it I do it; my dues are my dues. And since the party I've been hanging out with these guys and having the best of times.
We are: Isabel, Naiara, Monada, Vinicius, Nalim, Ruman [the cute German] and some others I can't remember the names... I've never had such a big gang and I've never been so happy and carefree ever since Marilia Drama Club early days. We've been from partying wildly, to bars sitting, galery wall paintings and sunset watching.
It's all so funny how the world goes round and you meet people that feels like you know for a lifetime. Isabel's this gorgeous and outgoing girl, so loud and careless you can't help feeling happy around her, therefore you long to be around her. The second day we went out she turned to me "Lucas, Promiscuous is our song! I'll always remember you when I listen to it!" You can imagine how flattered I was at the moment, one of the coolest songs ever... it turned out to be the main theme of this week with these guys.
The other girls are as gorgeous as Bel, but I know them for a quite considerable time and it's been refreshing to be with them again. We're all laughing and suddenly we realize we don't know what we're laughing about anymore! Besides, it's always great to find people that love nasty sex talk like me. That brings me down to the member that is not constantly with us, but uhg I wish he were...
Ruman. Oh Ruman! You all know my Micheal Jackson tendencies, you all know my gringo horny desires, my thing for long haired kids... well, Ruman is German, he's 17 and uhg he's hair!!! He didn't seem gay at all to me so he'd be just a silly obsession. Tonight as we all talked in the most blasé of the moods at a bar he came up with the other interchange student Eva, telling about this party he was moments earlier. "Is it good?" someone asked, to which he replied: "uhh, meh... it's packed up with girls!" Yes, yes you're right! I instantly had that smile on my face and instantly started doing my favorite thing to do.
They like to talk about forever, but I'd rather be happy now, live the moment. I'm not preoccupied if this will be a summer thing, if I'll never party with these guys as we're partying now. And this feeling of looseness had cleaned my nicotined lungs and mind. What will happen in the end? Really, it's about time you realized I don't care.
[Song: Erica America - Saint Etienne]

No comments: