BitchyList

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Lucas In Indieland

Lucas: "You know Ego, how to live in a world without glamour? The shine, all the clothes and our best friends, the diamons [of course]... uhg the cold hard cash and with him Mr. Right! Tell me luv, how to live without it?"
Ego: "Meow!"
Lucas: "Of course you understand, you are inside of me! Oh Egosie to live in a world without Oscars and Globes and Parises and Madonnas and Kylies... uhg it'd be life reading books without pictures, listening every new week to the next rock legend that does absolutely nothing different from the previous one!" *dies*
Ego: "Meow... meow."
Lucas: "The other day I had the strangest dream: I was at a mall... the one we used to hang around for so many hours, you know... and it was holiday, actually it was Christmas Day, everything was closed; all the stores! It was spooky... felt like Capitalism had died, or decided to take a nap... I felt relived when I found the McDonald's open and G-d how hungry I was! I ate there after I stood in line for hours to buy a film ticket. Oh dear Ego, it was so stressful! An indie-ish hottie decided to bitch about my student ID, the same one I always present there and anywhere else in the country!, that even his hotness annoyed me deeply. And there I kind of felt I wouldn't exactly enjoy the film or the meal. Of course that the meal I enjoyed, especially when cuties after cuties sat at the tables beside mine.
"So yeah, the movie received all my bad mood. It was a good one though; a movie about this Cheshire Cat-like dude... you know Cheshire Cat Ego... no? C'mon I've showed you him before whenever he wasn't invisible of course... uhg Ego your memory sucks! Anyways, the movie was lucky for its cast since it presented some major flaws like bawdy mics hovering around the actors' heads and quirky but not convincing edition. Cheshire was great as always, uhg how charming and seductive he was! We believe him right away... everyone else was okay as well - that other girl can act! - and the Alice-esque-Always-Curious inspector was pleasant. But, uhg Ego, the Queen Of Hearts In Briefs was so hot! Whenever he appeared I was... you know me..."
Ego: "Mee-ee-ow..."
Lucas: "... seriously, your attitude just irks me sometimes! But well yeah... suddenly in the dream I was having Thai food and chatting with mom and sis and the mall was full [the Capitalism-death nightmare had finished which meant we wouldn't have to wear Che t-shirts just because it was all they'd give us to wear]!! Suddenly I was in a villa in Spain with these gorgeous women cleaning some tombs. Ego, I had tears on my eyes all the time; the colors and the angles were so breathtaking, making me feel so nostalgic and welcomed. This ghost had come from the deceased and the lives of her two daughters changed after that; uhg Ego I felt so uplifted and comforted, with this sense of security that everything would one day be okay about my own ghost [read: mother]. What I most loved was how subtle and magical everything felt... when they played that song we absolutely love... yeah that one! It felt so right for the moment, my smile was so wide you know...
"Then Ego I don't exactly remember what happened, just that I had stepped back in time with a Canadian family in the 1960's with a gifted gay son. Ego, can you imagine my happiness? Of course you can't, all you think about is yours... u.u But well, I was first with these strong and decided Spanish women and then with a c.r.a.z.y.-ish and dysfuncional Canadian family, portraying three Eras I haven't lived and of course would love to have lived in, swayed by delicious époque music and wardrobe plus an everlasting and forever strong and beloved song. Uhg Ego, "pure cinematic magic!"
Ego: "Prrr... meow."
Lucas: "Uhg I hate when you sound bored... give me some credit okay the dream was long and somewhat confusing. Next thing that comes to mind is that I was watching a studio filled with quirky people that seemed to have stopped in time. Talk about fun! They talked so crazily fast but they were so funny. I was wholly mesmerized by one particular woman with her somewhat innocent and airy behavior and way of singing. Her sister and daughter also caught my eye, but every one was hilariously delightful. After I left those people I started feeling a bit sad, feeling like those were my last moments in a place I in few days had learned to love intensely and now had chose as my cultural north. Suddenly I was already missing my Minnesota home even though we know I never had one.
And then I was transported into the early 19th century with an adorable copyist and a crazy musician in the verge of writing his greatest masterpiece. Uhg Ego-sie I died! The crazy musician was G-d and his music made me cry like a baby."
Ego: "Me-ow."
Lucas: "Uhg dumbass, didn't you notice that these series of dreams were soo not glamed? I felt into indie labirynth and you know I liked it! Of course I'm not hanging a rabbit poster on my bedroom nor taking pills to be on TV, but I really loved the things I've seen in that dream..."
Ego: "Uhg... meow... just wake up Alice, you're not Miss Sunshine."
[Song: Like A Prayer - Madonna]

No comments: