BitchyList

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Song

"My phone's on vibrate for you
Electroclash is karioke too
I try to dance Britney Spears
I guess I'm getting on in years
My phone's on vibrate for you
G-d knows what all these new drugs do
I guess to have no more fears
But still I always end up in tears
My phone's on vibrate for you
But still I never ever feel from you
Pinocchio's now a boy
Who wants to turn back into a toy
So call me
Call me in the morning
Call me in the night
So call me
Call me anytime you like
My phone's on vibrate for you
For you"
Yeah, pretty sad but isn't Christmas sad? It's funny though because the supposed savior was born on this day but still there's such a feeling of nostalgia and gloominess in it. His parents were running away from an evil marahaja [I could not help it ho] who killed a lot of other kids in the hope to actually kill him, then in Bethlehem they were ditched from every place where they could possibly stay and Maria ended having her baby in a stable. Fine, they got incense, mirra and GOLD for the baby later, but talk about sad story!!
Then comes Rufus's Vibrate which is a piece of Classic-esque music that sounds so aching and deeply heartfelt for itself but when he adds those raspery and enchanting voice with those beautiful lyrics about waiting and longering, how not to think of Christmas with all the longering and scent of hope in the air mixed with turkey and panetone? There we go living our trivial lives filled with Britney Spearses and drugs while we still wait for salvation forgetting that maybe it lies on those very little things we do in a daily basis.
So everybody, I wish you all happy Holidays and that little "boring" constant soul-searching I always wish for people. That in the year to come we all become more thoughtful to life's simple signs.
Much Light and love to everyone.
Edit: If you please scroll down you will find my lovely Songs Of 2006 List. The ho has posted his last night and is even more great and diversified than this one below. AND yes, feel free to do yours yourselves, it's a great way of revisiting the year.
[Song: duuuh!]
PS: I'm positng this now because I'll be PCless again.

No comments: