BitchyList

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Full Circle

At the beginning of the year, my summer was marked by something inevitable. On Christmas Day it happened again.

December's 24th - My sister and I arrived in Salvador from Conquista and hell what a crappy trip! We took a nap [against her will] and around 11 she went to my grandma's I went for shopping. I got me December's Vogue, Prada's soundtrack, Maria Bethânia's Mel and Grease Rockin' Edition. [Me wants that jacket for miself!] When I got at granny's I was received by the old woman herself, my mom and aunt; with them I felt great but uhg talk about weirdness. They all know I'm gay because my mom drama-ed about it yelling and crying out loud to everyone how disappointed she was; my mom's family is protestant, so do the math. When I took my Vogue out of the bag my mom and aunt asked loudly "why do you read Vogue?" I didn't dignify the question with an answer and started flipping the pages, smelling the gorgeous perfumes, which they soon came to do as well. Later my mom and I started to talk about my sister and in a way only mothers can do she twisted the whole conversation turning it into my sexuality subject and my father's acceptance about it. [Her theory goes that I only stuck to my father's side all these years because I was preparing land to come out and have the support - with her it's about "trades" and competitions and she's the first to scream "spirituality" to whatever is told. Yaaay Christmas!!]

Since nothing was going to happen at my grandma's mom and I went to our cousin's home where I'd meet my godfather and his family and some other relatives. It wasn't a marvelous evening but I had my fun [read: loads of food and a glass of whisky]. I of course had more talk with the kids than the adults and after supper I slept.

December's 25th - I woke up after a horrible night at the floor [my grandma's house has a million people and no extra bed]. I took a shower and prepared myself to go to my [other] aunt's lan-house when I spoted my mom approaching and decided to go later in order to have lunch. As we got in my aunt was nervous by the phone sided by my cousin; minutes later we hear the loud cries and the news: Junior's [my cousin] father had passed away. Right there on Christmas Day, at lunch hour.

Coming to think now, 2006 was a complete year, a full circle started by someone's death and ended by someone else's death. Both of my dead "uncles" were ex-husbands from aunts of mine from either side of my family, as some kind of cosmical balance. The Death is a common subject for millenia and it's not everyone that has the "luck" to be surround by it on the different extremes of the year. When it happens it's time to think about ourselves what we've been doing with our lives, and when it happens at such moment it's a duty to do so. My uncle died from a heart attack, he had a rather wild life style filled with drinks, ciggaretes and sex. Ha, the life style Lucas wants! Not exactly, but yeah. The thing is that somehow his death sealed the year and opened the window to the next's main goal: live more!

I wish you all a Happy New Year!
Much love, blessings, self-knowledge and of course,
Light.

[Song: Isaac - Madonna]

No comments: