BitchyList

Saturday, October 15, 2005

São Paulo Days...

Since I stayed most of the week in the great city without posting, I'll try to sum these amazing days in a brief journal.

October's 8th, Saturday

I was supposed to arrive at my dad's at 6am, but I arrived an hour earlier. And since I'm a good and nice nerd, I came straight to the computer to... to... it doesn't really matter cuz I Lucas without a computer is useless Lucas. Anyways, after surfing on Madonna's message board, of course, and waiting for Flavia, who delayed to come, I went to bed, cuz even after a huge cup of coffee during the trip, I still needed to sleep. (By the way, I love my dad and loved to see him again...)
I woke at 11am and took a shower and me and my dad went to the mall. São Paulo is this cosmopolitan multi-cultural metropolis, where we can find all sort of things to do, since shopping in amazing and fancy stores to making out with unknown at Ibirapuera's Park (no I didn't do that). But still, the best place to go (at least for me) is the mall. We went to this one closer to our home, which I love, called Villa-Lobos. There I had a Big Mac with french-fries and milk-shake as lunch (my favorite McDonald's meal!) and realized I was bored of it... lol. AND OH DEAR!! São Paulo's men are the hottest ever!!

October's 9th, Sunday

We went to Villa-Lobos again. I bought British edition of Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince (reading and loving it). After spending hours in Cultura Bookstore, seeing books and cds, we went to the cinema, where we were supposed to watch Bewitched. But since my dad didn't like it that much and I wasn't so excited to see it anymore, we decided to watch The 40 Year Old Virgin. *turn Janice voice on* OH MY G-----D!!! It was simply the BEST comedy I've watched in years!! I didn't stop laughing from 1st minute till the genious 1979's musical Hair parody final sequence. The film is more than a dumb American comedy like Scary Movie and Not Another Teen Movie. It has substantial and clever jokes, and sex is just the tip of the iceberg of a plot that can be a very good and funny essay about growing up and being mature.
Ohh!! I had real disappointments on people I admired, after a ill-intentioned and stupid thread on Madonna's forum. But thankfully I was really over a ghost that had been haunting me the last few days. And this day had a reassuring mood after some good revelations and open-ups. I LOVE LIFE!!

October's 10th, Monday

I've no idea what happened this day! lol

October's 11th, Tuesday

I debuted my new blog where I'll right reviews for my favorite cds.
CD Bitch (and Jose you bitch, you better read my reviews! I promoted you to my fucking editor!)

October's 12th, Wednesday

I was mad, cuz my stupid Bunny gnawed a bit of my precious book (I just sounded like Gollum! U_U)!! I deserted him for life! (Nah, I still love him! :P) But...
HOLIDAY!! CELEBRATE!! It was Children's Day here and we went to this place called Radio Atual. It was a Northern stronghold, where I ate one of my favorite Brazillian cuisine's dish: Sarapatel. Don't even ask me to describe it. It was delicious, but the heat was killing me. Not only São Paulo's men are hot, its climate is horribly hot!! I was almost fainting. So what do you when you're really hot? You refresh yourself in a fresh place with air conditioner. Where to find such place on a holiday? THE MALL!! And of course, we went to Villa-Lobos again.
We spent severeal hours again stuck in Cultura Bookstore until we decided to go to the movies. And we tried to see something else, but we couldn't resist to review The 40 Year Virgin. The second time is even better than the first!! (yes, I just made a sex joke, and you better laugh at it! ;) ).
The day was also amazing, because I had a friend opening her chest to me. I love her to death, and no matter what she does I'll still love her.
Ahhhh!! I purchased Kylie Minogue's 2002 album, Fever!! It's supposed to be on my hands tomorrow (Saturday).

October's 13th, Thursday

All these days, I was supposed to meet a friend from Madonna's Forum. Rafael, my doable friend, as me and Jose call him, is a very sweet guy who would take me to my very 1st experience on a gay club. Well, I chicken-shitted and my dad helped not to go at all, cuz he didn't let me get a bus at night, since our neighboorhood isn't exactly "Wisteria Lane" under the darkness.
At daylight I was supposed to go to Paulista Avenue, but then I got lazy and just went to the nearest supermarket to do some shopping. I bought 3 amazing cds, Kylie's last year's geniousness Body Language, Alanis' last year's fiasco So-Called Chaos and her current-year piece of art Jagged Little Pill Acoustic. You can read my reviews for them at my CD Bitch blog.
OMG!! THE LEAK OF HUNG UP!!!!

October's 14th, Friday ("TODAY")

Well I was also to go to Paulista Avenue, but Hung Up didn't let me leave home. It has been FUCKING hot in here the whole day and I almost killed myself due to it (*drama queen mode on*)!!
At night, me and my dad went to a Jazz concert at, where?, Villa-Lobos Mall (it's already my second home in São Paulo)!! OMG!! This concert worthed my whole week in here. Jazz is the purest and best kind of music in the world. When you attend to a Jazz concert, you'd feel like the instruments have lives of their own, if their players weren't so cool and fun to watch. I really cannot understand how someone can call Jazz as a bore. It's the same of calling music a bore!! I also bought Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway and I'm still amazed by it! Kelly is an AMAZING performer and she's definitelly came to stay and have a long career!! Since U Been Gone is an anthem!!
PS: I indeed called my "date" with my doeable friend off. Well, I hope we can do that next time I come to this "paradise".

Well, this is it for now! Tomorrow I'll do my good-bye visit to Villa-Lobos, since it's my last full day here and we'll watch the anticipated (by me at least) movie: The Constant Gardner. And of course, my Fever album will arrive!!! \o/

No comments: