BitchyList

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Hamster

Image hosting by Photobucket

Through the whole day I've been facing gloom and sadness. Why? Death.

Although I have this honest relationship with death, as I've already posted here, I really don't think (anymore) I will ever be prepared to face it. And I can't tell which is worst, a sudden death or an announced one. For now, I'd say the announced one.

I might be scarying you with this morbid talk, but I indeed have been experiencing loss in my life. No, it's not a relative or even myself, it's a pet. Yes!! I get emotional over pets too, after all I'm a human being provided with feelings and every normal human being evolve feelings over their pets. These little thingies seem to appear out of nowhere and when you notice your bond with them are sometimes stronger than with most people you know.

Since the beginning of this month I've been aware that my little hamster Perebas could die at any moment. He had lost his funny pet glow, had been eating less and less and now he's totally furless, the skin covered with hideous ulcers and very skinny. I never thought I'd see him so ugly or in grieve. I guess we never expect that and I'm so sorry for him that I'd be glad if he died soon to end his suffering.

And as every pet of my family, Perebas, the Hamster, has gazillion names. Some of them are: Rato (given by my father and I), Rodney (by my friend Fernanda), Valdir (by my friend Diego) and Peludinho (by my friend Juliana). But are in times like these you wish you were like Holly Golightly, who never named the Cat, so they'd never get attached to each other.

Perebas, however, has a lot of names...

[Song: Take Me With You - Kylie Minogue]

No comments: