BitchyList

Friday, March 10, 2006

The Summer Journals - Part 8

The 12th Of January, 2006 – “The Beach”

I was never a big fan of beach, but once I saw Barra’s ocean I fell in love.

I do have sweet childhood memories about beaches. Salvador was always a holiday resource and I lived in other coastal towns. But as I grew up, I lost my interest about such environment.

In these vacations, however, I wanted to feel the ocean under my feet again. At first be mesmerized by the soothing scent of sea air, then lay my toes on the dry sand and walk on it towards the sea, feeling the sand getting wetter, until the wave break on my ankles. On the horizon ahead, just the supposed infinite line, after which there’s a great abyss, as I would think when a child.

All these sweet fantasies were brought again while Mariana and I were on the beach. Not even the almost theft could spoil the magic of moment.

Mariana said the ocean is the most powerful expression of nature we can be immersed in, and after today’s experience, I agree with her. While we swimed in the calm deep water of Barra harbor sea, we remembered the funny teen tales and other great and amusing stories of the last two years: all of them bathed on that marvelous ocean and sometimes dazzled by the beauty of those beach men.
Oh my! I gotta love (live in) this town!!

No comments: