BitchyList

Monday, March 27, 2006

Que Hay Detrás

Isn't it amazing when the simplest things in life makes you glow radiant. After a period of boredom I've found my fun in something I was too judgemental to look at: RBD.

Okay, you're thinking "ew that mexican trash", and that's exactly what I used to think before I even get to listen to them. However, their songs are fun, cute and sweet. They have a charming charisma that drains out all the bitterness. In other words, they're simple and easy Pop and I'm always drowned to that. This weekend I downloaded their upcoming album Live In Hollywood, an acoustic version of their sophomore, Nuestro Amor. And I know most of these groups are manipulated managers and marketing people, I was blown away when I read that RBD chooses their own repertoire and in this particular album they had meaningful participation on the arrangements and songwriting.

But, all this RBD talk is there to lead me to the point that nothing's what it seems. As Jewel says "it's not all dirty but it's not all clean" and that's how I've decided to face my boredom. It's like a fever, a sign that something's not going well. Que hay detrás de la monotonía?

The thing is, I can't stand my college anymore. Last year I felt fulfilled about it, but only because I still didn't know what I wanted with my course. Now, everything seems shallow and incomplete and I can't get no satisfaction (I know, I'm campy!!). One night when the Portuguese Literature professor told us to analyze an Almeida Garrett poem, a group got into a deeper analysis that indeed needed some critic substance, but instead of pushing us onto that way by advising us to do some research about it and even though she agreed that their interpretation had back-up, she pulled us back to the simple surface of the poem. I can't say if it was her ego that reacted to the fact that simple graduation students noticed something she (a master degree) didn't see, but that's not what you do with knowledge. Plato never held his knowledge to himself.

But I won't keep complaining over crap. I've talked with people and decided to change college, even thought that obliges me to do the dreadful Vestibular all over again. But I deserve the better and I will get better. Porque yo no quiero la superficie, intento a ver lo que hay detrás.

[Song: Que Hay Detrás - RBD]

PS: Ha, I love Spanish!!

No comments: