BitchyList

Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Soundtrack Of My Biopic: Cigarettes And Dance Floors

OH of course, silly little me forgot to link-back, the lovely bitch JMC, from where I took this.
QUESTION: If your life is a movie, what songs are on the soundtrack?
Here's how it works:
1. Open iTunes (or whatever ya got)
2. Put it on shuffle and press play
3. For every question, type the song that's playing
4. Make up a Title and choose your Cast
Cigarettes And Dance Floors
It will be a musical, of course.
Cast:
Jamie Bell as Me [he's cute, awesome actor and I bet he can sing - aka perfect]
Lou Taylor Pucci as Mr. Hottie [love him ever since I saw Thumbsucker]
James McAvoy as The Ho [it'll be a beeeeautiful movie to watch!]
Lindsay Lohan as Alais [did you really think I'd let Lohan out of this movie?]
Keira Knightley as Nina [and Keira?]
featuring: Nicole Kidman as Mum and Hugh Jackman as Dad [lol... suddenly this becomes Happy Feet]
directed by Julie Taymor [remember Frida? I want those colors]
Opening Credits (and DVD Menu): "Only Love Can Break Your Heart" by Saint Etienne
Well, perfect! It's a great song to start the film: genius beats with uplifting synths and lovely lyrics; cheerful enough to make people hook up to the movie and sing along. Besides it's a lot like me, "only love can break your heart" indeed and all the implications that come along with it. AND: an opening act by Kidman and Jackman! *cums*
Waking Up: "Thief Of Hearts" by Madonna
LOL! Maybe it'll be a revenge movie about me slashing some back-stabbing bastard disguised as friend who stole my boyfriend. Nah... it'll be Lucas singing in front of the mirror with his usual daily dose self-depreciation.
First Day At School: "Physical Attraction" by Madonna
Aww... I can already see the scene: boy [Me] meets boy [Mr. Hottie] at the campus and they flirt wildy while singing the song. "You say you wanna stay the night/But you'll leave me tomorrow, I don't care." And sure sure, since it's me this movie's talking about we'll just hide behind some bushes or whatever and shag before the song ends.
Falling In Love: "Garden In The Rain" by Diana Krall
Then we'd realize there's more to us than physical attraction and we'll have a nice cute chat in our way back home [yeah, he lives nearby]. Very New York, very romantic. "Surely here was charm beyond/Compare to view/Maybe it was just that/I was there with you" Lover-ly!
Fight Song: "Temptation" by New Order
Awesome! Genius tune combine with gloomy lyrics. "Each way I turn, I know I'll always try/To break this circle that's been placed around me." Surely it'll be a classy fight but like everything else in my life, ready to just go down on the dance floor.
Breaking Up: "The Rubber Room" by Porter Wagoner
First really melancholic song of the movie. I'm surely hurt and just want a moment by myself; Mr. Hottie is hurt too... we loved each other okay!! But of course he cheated. [Hey, it's my movie I'm the good guy!]
Prom: "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" by Madonna
LOL! Oookay... party's up but I'm heartbroken.
Note to self: don't hire Windows Media Player to select the songs from your movie.
Life: "Alarm Call" by Björk
And back to the dance floor! Life goes on and I move on again from my obsession. A very uplifting song with optimistic lyrics and a cool selfless tone. Great for the small-guy/big-dreams moment.
Mental Breakdown: "William, It Was Really Nothing" by The Smiths
Ooookay... let's say William is the imaginary friend The Ho keeps saying I have. However this is a very cute song and could fit in such scene considering it's a mental breakdown, maybe it doesn't have to make much sense anyway.
Instrumental Intermission (two): "Murder On A Dance Floor" by Sophie Ellis-Bextor; "Cherish" by Madonna
Ha! Dance floor film, dance floor song! Perfect!
Lola and Rocco and Dave will be even more rich due to royalties the studio will have to pay so this movie can be out. However, this song is cute... prolly things will get better for the hero at second half of the movie.
Driving: "The Loco-Motion" by Kylie Minogue
Ohh yeees! After a time in rehab I decide to get life on track. More joyous than this? "It even makes you happy when you're feeling blue." Nah...
Flashback: "They Can't Take That Away From Me" by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
As I walk down the charming streets of New York after another unsuccessful audition I bump into Mr. Hottie! And G-d he's still hot... and single!! We sit for a coffee [he pays, I'm broke of course] and then comes the flashback.
Wedding: "Alfie" by Lily Allen
This song is awesome for The Ho's wedding! Funny and cheerful.
Birth of Child: "Miedo" by Belanova
Birth of Child!! Yes yes fear indeed!! Whose child I don't know, me and Mr. Hottie just got back together, no time to think of adoption... maybe it's Alais's or The Hosie's.
Final Battle: "The Night We Called It A Day" by Diana Krall
Uhh... really dude! Don't hire WMP!! Whatever this scene will mean in the movie I don't think this song will fit in it. Lol.
Death Scene: "Impressive Instant" by Madonna
Whoever dies, it was someone no one liked so we party!! "I'm in a traaaance..." Maybe the baby... joking!
Funeral Song: "[Somewhere] Over The Rainbow" by Kylie Minogue
Since no one cared about the other person who died, here we sing for someone we cared about who died on the dance floor. Fuck, it could be me... it'd be the gayest funeral in the world, but okay.
End Credits: "Put Yourself In My Place" by Kylie Minogue
Awww... luved it luved it! It'd be a very dramatic end, so a very dramatic song.
End Credits (Secondary): "Burned" by Hilary Duff
Uhh... let's say that when this movie was being produced she was rotten and forgetten and crazy to have a comeback so she begged [aka fucked] someone from the studio and they had to shove it somewhere. It's a good song, though.
I tag my co-stars that would never be out of my crazy musical: The Ho, Alais and Nina.

3 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

I'd have many things to point out about how crazy this sounds and I'd advice you about getting psychiatric help, but your casting of McAvoy has blinded me and I can't see anything bad now, other than James.
Sly devil.
I'm only upset that there's not even one Maria Barranco song u.u

J.D. said...

Hm, where could you have gotten this? [motions for you to put linkback to my blog] Thank you.

I said give me credit! Yeez! lol

J.D. said...

You even did it with the ones I made myself that never existed before me!