BitchyList

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Murphy Bullying + Prophecies

On the post bellow I underline my new relationship with htis lovely Murphy guy [fucker!]. Now I'll tell you good reasons for me to drama-queen.
It all started right after I bought the Björk concert's ticket. As I posted before, you've been aware of the fact I lost my wallet with all my papers and cards. It was more than a month ago and I still wasn't able to get new papers. I'm supposed to get a plane this coming Thursday. But this is not a case of lazy-Lucas-didn't-got-his-ass-outta-the-chair; the only way of getting my new ID card was my mom sending my birth certificate via mail. So she did it, and the Correios [the mail agency] seemed to have lost it.
We all got desperate because without that paper I couldn't get any other and no one can travel without papers. Last holiday dad and I went to Salvador and there he got another copy from the the certificate at the registry. Back to Conquista I went to the place where IDs are made and guess what! There was en error on that copy that the registry gave to my dad, and I had to check a number before being able to get the new card.
Two days later I checked the numbers and there was indeed an error. I got desperate, I had two ways: asking my mom to go to the registry and get me a new certificate and then sending me so I'd get the new card here - which would take more time than what I trully have; or I could go to Salvador asap to do these stuffs.
In a stroke of luck my mom found the first birth certificate: she wrote the wrong address and the Correios returned it to her, but her building's super - a very nice and lovely person - NEVER returned her the paper!! It was trapped inside a book for more than fifteen days and he never dared to look inside to hand it to my mother. Well she managed to find it and the second option is the most profitable since I'm going to Salvador anyway to get the plane. So I'm returning to the big city tomorrow.
Now the prophecies.
In July [or August - who knows] a plane from the TAM airlines crashed the company's building in São Paulo and more than a hundred people died. An exact year ago a GOL airlines airbus crashed with an american private-jet and fell onto the Amazon jungle; everybody died.
I'm flying GOL and am not a bit worried about this stuff; I don't think recent eventual misfortunes define years of safe air-traveling, and I'm absolutely not superstitious; but some people are saying that a new plane crash will happen by the end of October. And considering all of Murphy's flirting with me lately, I'll probably be on the plane or somehow involved, if it ever happens. If it's not anything with the plane, I'll probably be shot by a missing bullet from the traffic "war" in Rio, the second [or third - who knows] most violent capital of the country.
[Song: Pretty Little Thing - Freddi Cruger featuring Linn]