BitchyList

Monday, October 08, 2007

The Ugly Boots Fried Convention

Saturday I went to another rave not very much into the thing, but surprisingly it turned out to be a marvel. So, considering that in Portuguese the slang you use when people are high on ecstasy is frito [fried], and considering that I was one of the fried people, it's no overreaction naming this post as such.
The best thing about taking Ecstasy is the rhythm of things. While your body is quicker than a ray of light, your mind process everything very slowly and vivdly. The colors are brighter [especially under the dark light], the music is stronger and you feel the Earth move. The feeling is so dangerous that despite the weariness of the after effects you still feel like getting more; perhaps because the after effect is mostly depression, making you crave for the happiness and increased positivity into your veins.
I felt like five minutes after I took the little Batman pill I was already under the effects of the drug; but realizing now that the notion of time is totally affected, it could've been an hour until I started to feel hot but cold, speeded up but down... Suddenly a blonde woman, DJ Amanda, got up on the stage and started playing a psychodelic mix of trance and dance; my jaw clenched in an involuyntarily way and my body, thrown against the giant speakers, trembled by the rhythm of her music; the Earth trembled as well, everyone seemed to be jumping like in an earthquake.
Purki and I jumped in front of the speakers; my jumps were so high I felt like flying. I had no strings attached, I hugged people, I took pictures of everyone around me, I kissed Marie [a Canadian interchange student - pic right], I unashamedly flirted with Sophie [German interchange student - pic left] and saved Lotte [Belgian interchange student- pic under with Tcheus] from ugly men flirting with her and ran among people without touching them.

When the sun suddenly rose, the fatigue started to make its way, but I was still happy as never before. DJ Kronic was onstage and he did a live guitar performance that made us all chilled by the spine, thrilled to the bone.
I suddenly started smoking a cigarette after the other and people seemed so beautiful as I was able to see their pores. But as hours started to drag [my notion of time was returning], I started to get annoyed by that amount of falsely pretty people - they mostly were preppy rich boys and girls wearing sunglasses to hide their dilated pupils from the sun. The boys danced like druged... oops crazy robots, trying hard to move their hips in only a macho-tolerated way, but clenching their jaws like maniacs; as for the girls they all had lollipops into their mouths [sucking candies help you to salivate, softening the sense of drought in the mouth], and were all wearing the ugliest boots ever designed! These boots are fever in rave parties; there's not a single rave you don't find at least a hundred girls wearing them. And I came to the conclusion they are the most boring and hideous fashion statements. From now on, any girl that attend to raves wearing Converses or even flip flops will have my respect.
The party ended at noon and by that time I was already dozing at the lounge room; me and other dozens of fried fuckers. It was a memorable night that I was alrerady missing by the morning, while it was still happening. Sunday afternoon died before it started and its night... well I guess I slept.

2 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Flip flops at raves?
Do you want a toe massacre?

andrés said...

besides the lollipop. always carry mineral water. and i agree with jose...