BitchyList

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Noob¹Times: Stalker Song - Premiere

Inventing some new series for this quasi-mortum blog. The Stalker Song is the one that makes me hype as I play the stalker on Orkut - the sound that injects endorphyn as you commit the guilty pleasure of grub people's lives on the Internet.



At this opening there won't be a song, but a whole album that today put me a mover el esqueleto, as I stalked a certain Julio Raposo's profile [whom I won't link]. The chosen one is the ultra-adrenalizing Overpowered [WILL SOMEONE GET ME THAT OUTFIT YESTERDAY!!!!] from Miss Róisín Murphy [pronounced rosheen]. As history repeated the last time she was featured here, I couldn't simply choose one between the many tracks that aroused my best Nosferatu impulse.
The 5 highlights from my nerd-flirt [considering that my profile will probably be got on his stalker-radar... human behaviour on the web is indeed very complex] were:
5. Overpowered: "when I think that I'm over you, I'm overpowered" - uhh that's me! An obsessive mind like mine works like that, under a choking rhythm. Obviously who gets smothered is moi, but fuck it! Most of the times it's just for fun anyways. lol
4. Footprints: simply because the word "footprints" has everything to do with stalking and crimes - at least for me.
3. Let Me Know: this is my current definitive-romantic-song. There's a part on the wonderful Ian McEwan's novel, Atonement, that Cecilia Tallis imagines if the man she's meeting for the first time is the one she'll marry and have kids with and then, projects her life with thim. Now tell me folks: who in safe mind doesn't do exactly this? So, if my life were a musical, it would be this exact song that would play whenever I met someone - dans vraie vie, or on shitty . And the scene would be such as thus:


2. Cry Baby: okay, it has nothing with Orkut vouyerism - but above I talked about adrenaline injections; but once again this wonderful thing of Jesus played and I had hair and arms waving all around!
1. Primitive: this is one of the most romantic songs of my life [so far]. I like to imagine a tiger or a puma hunting whenever I listen to this; the word stalker is already very animalistic and this song - OI - is its quintessence! There I was fine and well sleeping when I wake up with it buzzing in my head, first thing I did was to log on to nose some profiles.




Very well, every week then there will be an ombudsman moment of self-depreciation, only with the good musical approach, after all, one thing is to play the stalker and admit it - another is to write a post about it. bEIjos!

¹noob = newbie, or in this case: silly.

[Song: If We're In Love - Róisín Murphy]

1 comment:

Michael Parsons said...

If you ever get to see her, me ready to be amazed.

She is stunning live and sounds fantastic!