BitchyList

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

About Sticks And Stones - Part 1

They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
That's what we learn from heartache to heartache, deception after deception, that empowers our souls in the art of moving on. In the morning when I realized/remembered today was September 11 I decided I would make a post about it... reflecting about it.
Whenever I remember it I wonder how long will we keep mistreating ourselves with unkindness and intolerance. Each action has a reaction and somehow 09.11 was a reaction to Americans [especially their government] action towards the rest of the world. By all means, I'm absolutely not endorsing the terrorists actions, but one thing people should've asked when things happened was "what did we do to be treated this way?", instead of "how could they do this to me?".
Funny thing is that today a couple of friends' story/trouble had a complete messy and somehow idiotic turn. Harsh things were said, hearts were broken, ties were unnecessarily undone, and as a dear friend tearfully wondered on my shoulder if she would get over this I instantly remembered the phrase that starts this entry and the terrorist attacks in New York six years ago. They changed the whole world and my generation's way of viewing and dealing with the world... well, at least me. Because most of us still keep hurting each other, saying things we shouldn't when we shouldn't, doing things we regret later. I'm not perfect and I still find myself stumbling on the way with my thoughts.
But mankind is in constant changing, which means we're in the process of something; leading to "sticks and stones" always very present and frequent on one's paths. But the same way we fall because of them, once on the floor we can still use them to get up on our feet one more time and keep walking.
[Song: Like It Or Not - Madonna]

2 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Yay we'll fix that tomorrow on Rosh Hashanah!

marcela said...

Christiane Amampour aired a 6 hour special recently on how religion fundamentalists are slowly taking over the world, specially the politics directions of the countries. The special was about christians, jews and muslims, and i found myself relating the most with muslims. The media only makes a big fuss about the terrorists, but they forget that they're only a small fraction of an entire community that's being tear apart of their country just because others thinks is was given to them by some deity. That's probably the worst reason someone could give me to drive me away from my home. I'm so sorry, but the USA had it coming, and i'm sorry so many innocent people died 6 years ago under those circumstances, but what about all the people that dies on the entire world everyday because of their international policies??