BitchyList

Sunday, September 09, 2007

My New Obsession

From time to time I get new musical obsessions. My newest one in spite of the previous post is not Rihanna. The artists I've been listening repeatedly like an OCD attack are The Puppini Sisters.
The trio formed by Italian Marcella Puppini and Brits Stephanie O'Brien and Kate Mullins are not really related, but being Puppini a 1930's-40's freak she got inspired by the aura of the close harmony singing groups from that era, especially The Andrew Sisters. The results are festive and surprisingly delicious Jazz/Bebop versions of famous Pop hits such as, Heart Of Glass and I Will Survive.
On my studies I came across the marvelous official site, one of the coolest things I'd seen on the web lately. So, if you got curious visit the site and check out the Beyoncé's Crazy In Love's bebop version for the upcoming album. As for me, I'm addicted to their versions of Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights, and Java Jive.
Question repeated: got curious? this time go on the left-bar and listen to the tracks I've uploaded.

[Song: Tu Vuo' fa L'Americano - The Puppini Sisters]

No comments: