BitchyList

Monday, February 04, 2008

Do You Believe In Love At First Sight?

My quickest and most honest-to-the-moment reply would be: no I do not.
But the hurt lies on the fact that a sparkly part of me wants badly to believe so. You know what with sparks: they might be tiny but very powerful and dangerous; a single one is enough to create an explosion. So this silly passion of mine that often hibernates, sometimes go up and so loud that the darkness of my well of desires is mostly lighten by the cries of this pest.
Old as fuck as I am now I can't say that I believe in the Disney concept of love at first sight. I however do believe in conjectures - not planted-by-me ones but inexplicable harmonies. A friend of mine found his current boyfriend in a rom-com like situation, filled with brief and unaware encounters and friends in common. Of course things are too young and only time will tell if they're affair is one to remember or will be swallowed by chance.
But seeing his happiness I cannot deny a pinch of jealousy for never have had it. Voilà, c'est la bitch beast! It's in times like this that I get the most sensitive about the fact that I never had a healthy and reciprocal love affair.
I'll definitely tap to the good sides and appreciate what's under my ownership. Things will come if they have to - but how I wished a supposed coincidence happened to me.
[Song: Manhatã - Caetano Veloso]

2 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

So begins evil February...

Artur Quintanilha said...

Eu acredito, e você sabe pq.