BitchyList

Monday, February 25, 2008

Le Red Carpet

Starting with the commencement. I wasn't able to see the red carpet live, no cable in this shit so I had to see pictures during the ceremony's intervals with the guys from the chat. And then I did mini-lists.

#The Queens Of The Red Carpet

1 - Nicole Kidman

The first simply for being the absolute queen of Fashion Police. The Balenciaga is kinda meh [pregnant ladies usually aren't tasty], but THAT NECKLACE WAS PERFECTION!! It's to be in Red Carpet history! And it never hurts that she's always the epitome of class.
2- Marion Cotillard

Simply one of the most beautiful women of the night, her sirène-esque Jean Paul Gaultier was the best of the night, in my opinion.
3 - Katherine Heigl
Simply for this, this and this:


4 - Tilda Swinton

For me she's the Björk of Movies. Her choices are always excentric in a genius-non-wannabe way. This black washed silk combined with her androgyny got me drooling all over her acceptance-speech.
5 - Jennifer Garner

Just like Kidman this woman is the best Red Carpet gold out there. Never in my young Awards Season life I'd seen this woman go wrong. I missed her red-in-red formula from the Globes, but the black art-deco Oscar de la Renta blew my mind away. Who the fuck cares if she's married to Ben Affleck and did Electra?
6 - Jennifer Hudson

Just because she seems to be the most-comfortable-in-her-own-skin girl out there.
7 - Diablo Cody

Cody's dress is tacky, trashy, all-kinds-of-bad-ys but I thought it was a very brave choice for the Oscars. As if she was thinking: "I might be here for being a regenerated stripper, but I don't give a fuck and will keep wearing my pole costumes!"

#The Plain Girls That We Love

1 - Cate Blanchett

The dress' collar is a bit weird, the dress itself is boring. But Cate is always shiny!
2 - Amy Adams

My favorite up-and-comming actress I can't wait the year she'll walk down the red carpet for a win!
3 - Laura Linney

She's always a marvel to look at. She's ageing beautifully!
#The Skanks of the Night

1 - Jessica Alba
While she looks cute with the glow of being pregnant, that dress was awful. Besides, Alba is someone I'm supposed to hate. Talentless bitch! u.u
2 - Ellen Page
Okaaaay, if she had pulled the Diane Keaton in 2004 she would look less lesbian than with this gown she picked up. Opposite to Cody's outfit it felt like Page thought she was too smart and cool to care about wearing to the Academy Awards.
3 - Hilary Skank Swank
Every year I dream she'll stumble on the red carpet and break a hip, or [more simply] wear a very very very hideous dress. Every year my dream gets lost under the paparazzi's cameras' flashes, she always manages to dress decently, safely but neat. Until 2008!! 'Nuff said, just look at that disaster.
#The Beaus (L)
1 - James McAvoy
Is there another young actor as hot and talented as Mr. McAvoy nowadays? There probably is, but I just have eyes for him. [And allow me to be very corny here] Eyes and everything else he pleases.
2 - Daniel Day-Lewis
It's a fact that I'm completely in love with him........ okay that's all! But let's be a bit poisonous here: Rebecca Miller's dress makes her look like a Corpse Bride version of Bizet's Carmen.
3 - Johnny Depp
Uhg... even if I hate his current career and choices I cannot deny I think he's a cute piece of man.
4 - Javier Bardem
Because he's one of the sexiest men out there and dates on of the sexiest women out there.
[Song: Fallin Slowly - Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova]

2 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Interesting choices.
I think Hilary Swank was flawless though, the closest she's been to a faux pas at the Oscars was in 2001.
Look that one up and maybe you'll reconsider calling her a disaster for this one.

Emma said...

Stunning pictures, though I think the plain black dress suited Page!

James McAvoy is unbelievably hawt.