BitchyList

Friday, February 08, 2008

Rambling Over Margo

"So many people know me. I wish I did. I wish someone would tell me about me."

It's funny when you start living with people for a while and they start to think they know you well. So well to the point they know you better than yourself. In some cases it's not impossible, after all there are a bunch of individuals out there either so predictable or unaware of themselves, that strangers might know the lines on their faces better than their own mirror reflections. I, however, do not aply to the case.
Last night a guy told me I seemed to be those headstrong people who defended so much my views that didn't accept none other. I may act by my mind and follow my own instincts but I'm not as shallow as that; I'm always open for changes of heart by second or third opinions as long as they make any sense. Nevertheless that guy barely knows me. And normally I'd go with Madonna and just spit a full and somewhat rude "nobody knows me" - but tonight I prefer a more sarcastic but utterly classy approach.
I just watched All About Eve with two newbies who got mesmerized by Mankiewicz's quick-witted dialogues and Miss Channing absolute and unquestionable bitchy charm. And as one of them claimed loudly his resemblance with Margo, I kept mine in check for a while.
The path to self-awareness is bumpy and endless, although I can say I'm not a retarded in it. I could in fact say that I'm a great runner. I don't completely know myself because I'm not a race with endline - as I said, there's always some energy to go the extra mile. But it's my own marathon and although there are plenty of intersections no one can tell me they know my road better than myself.
That's why I quoted Margo Channing in the begining; like a protest against those who love to fill their mouths to say they know people too well.
[Song: Intuition - Feist]

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

My shrink and I went over that last night.
You're Woody in "Everyone Says I Love You".