BitchyList

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Crash

"Drive back baby to me, fast in your car
I'm here waiting, crash into me real hard"

Weekend Update (weird uh... it's already Wednesday!)

I finally watched the Best Film Oscar winner of the year, Crash. And now I understand Brokeback Mountain supporter's riot. Okay, they're angry for the wrong reason (homophobia), but definitely, Crash ain't an Oscar movie! It's a louzy well edited tale that goes a lot about its theme but hardly reaches to a point, or worst, it gets to such a lame conclusion that you just get disappointed (I didn't get though, cuz I saw that coming). What I really mean is, it's a movie about racism that has gazillion characters but never deepens in the idea it tries to communicate. BBM (or any other nominee) was robbed.

I had a couple of interesting meetings this weekend. One I'll talk about, the other I won't. On Sunday, I met Nathalia's ex-boyfriend. The one she cheated on. The one who's friend of some friends of mine (small town... bleh). And it was due to these friends I happened to meet him. And information I got with this meeting... lol! Nathalia has been confiding to me she regrets having cheated on him, but what hurts her is not her act itself, but how two good friends now act as strangers and haters (familiar uh!!). I've been telling her to try to talk to him and leave things on clean plates, but after this weekend it's better to let things how they are and let them evolve for themselves. He's wounded and as she has expected, hates her. Well, that's normal you know, but it's also stupid. As Madge/Kabbalah says "there's no such thing as regret" and as you waste time hating something, the world moves on and there's still a part of yourself stuck on the past. It's funny to recognize parts of your old self on other people... it's probably ego-ish, but still funny.

And as the week goes by - quickly -, I just longer for one phone call...

[Song: Take Me With You - Kylie Minogue]

No comments: