BitchyList

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fine And Mellow

Today I was wakened by Billie Holiday's sharp vocals in a rendition of Fine And Mellow. Seriously, after listening to that how to even consider Christina Aguilera a singer? All that bitch knows is to scream and oversing all over the place!
By the way, that was one of the subjects my date, Reinaldo, and I had last night. It was a friendly conversation-over-cappuccino date; we mainly talked [everything] about art and since he's a more listening type of guy I did almost the whole talk. Reinaldo is intelligent and teaches Portuguese in public schools; he's not ugly but indeed not my type of handsome. But since the first time I laid eyes on him I knew we'd only be friends even if we ended up having sex [which didn't happen I'd say only because his sister was home].
Reinaldo lacked on his features something mindblowingly charming; something that would make me lose my concentration and want to do him wherever he felt like it! Something just like Tarsis.
When Tarsis entered the café where we were and took notice of me, he came with this big bright smile that made my insides go all the way down a hypercoaster while my mind tried to keep grounded and safe. When approached he gave me a 5-minutes-long hug that demanded from me a rather concentration on my knees and above all made me fuzzy inside. Damn, that dude is a master in making one uncomfortable in a comfortable way! As he warmingly talked and asked how I had been he kept his arms around my waist in a less than innocent way, but still not sexual, that made me completely dumb about what to do with my hands, so I hurried to thrust them into my pockets. He introduced me to his friends and his girlfriend. She was gorgeous, but of course I wanted to poke her eyes out in the best Beatrix Kiddo style.
Tarsis was an Alais fling from early this year and the moment she introduced us it was impossible not to want him. One instantly developes a crush with his charm and when one [like moi] listens to his liberal ideals the thing gets serious. He once said that till that moment he had never had homossexual desires, but he surely wouldn't back it off in case it happened. And yeah, I had to control myself not to spill a "you have my number" type of cheesy line.
So last night when he came while my date was at the toilet, my concentration, like I wanted, was finally lost, but of course for the wrong person. He and his entourage sat by a table where I could stare at him and hell I did it! I doubt Reinaldo had noticed it but at that moment I testified that friendship was all we would have. Not that Tarsis was the one I trully wanted to be with, but definitely Reinaldo wasn't.
After all, like Lady Day would say: "I'd rather be lonely than happy with somebody else"...
[Song: Love Me Or Leave Me - Billie Holiday]

No comments: