BitchyList

Sunday, October 15, 2006

I Heart The Beach

There are only two things about my trip to Valença/Morro de São Paulo that I regret: not being tanned as much as I wanted and not had taken as many photos I wish I had in Morro. The rest: marvelous!
When dad, Rita [dad's girlfriend] and I arrived in Valença, Thursday afternoon, we were rather tired so we decided to remain indoors for the night. I'd stay at my cousin Roberta's and the couple would be at a fancy hotel nearby. Roberta then made us fried shrimp on olive oil with garlic and I must say that it's one of my favorite things in the world. I spent this whole weekend eating seafood and of course having major orgasms at each bite.
The following day after breakfast we went to this waterfall called Pancada Grande, an hour or so from Valença. I believe that I've never been to such relaxing place so far! The ground was VERY slicky but the danger was worth to be under the water and get the greatest massage your back can ever get.
On the Saturday we went to the most waited [at least for me]: Morro de São Paulo. Uhg, can you say heaven? I've told before about the fishermen village mood that the whole island has, but this time it gave me huge urges to live there, or at least to stay for more than a day. One of the ways to get to Morro [which was the one we did] is by raft that you take in Valença's port. When we got there my first thought was that what Valença has of ugliness Morro compensates with beauty. Not only the place itself, but the people! The sea is transparent and the men are hot, especially the tourists of course. Most of Morro's inhabitants were tourists, especially gringos, that couldn't leave the place due to its beauty and pleasant environment. Of course that the prices there are a bit salty but it's amazing how it has everything! I found there, more cafés than there is in my current town [which for me is a huge deal].
As we left Morro I couldn't help wanting more. Definitely that is one of my favorite places in Earth, where surely I am to go back many more times.
*Pics later, when Blogger decides to collaborate*
[Song: History - Madonna]

No comments: