BitchyList

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Holy Fuck, Finally!!!

It's already June and the only new things in music that have excited me so far were Björk's Volta, Joss Stone's Introducing Joss Stone and Mika's Life In Cartoon Motion. All the music addictions I've got so far aside those were practically old stuff. Even Madonna's Live Earth track was banned from my player, since for me that is the first real crap she does in her 25-years-long career, and that caused me to lose excitement about her new album.
But, as you know, Kylie is also to release new music this year. And for our pleasure, some of the songs already leaked on the web. She posted a message on her website saying she's very upset about it, considering she's working hard for almost a year on this album to have these tracks stolen and published without permission. It is indeed a pity that they leaked so far before the album's release, the surprise is practically ruined unless she reworks them due to the happening. But what-the-fuck who am I kidding? I'm dang happy they're online firstly because the songs don't sound like she would disappoint us!
About 10 tracks were surfaced, but I only found 5 to download. They are beyond gorgeous, with the usual electronic beats, sounding like she's in a trip to the marvelous 80's, but her sweet vocals combined to "unexpected" guitar riffs give the tracks a delicious New Rave atmosphere. The lyrics are beautiful and she sounds as if she replaced the heartbroken tone by optimism, but the sexiness is still there in a kind of shady way. I cannot remember anything on the market at this moment that can be compared with them [there must be something since I'm totally overlooking new music now], but these songs sound like adorable and probable hits. The kind of songs you'd love to listen in your iPod while you drive or walk around town, and on the dancefloors of course.
When The Cat's Away - It's said to be the Boy George collaboration to the album. It's my favorite so far, with a darkish sexy groove and a wittiness typical from the Culture Club's leadman. [edit: this isn't Boy George's collaboration. Research led me to find out that the George's tracks to the new album are called I'm Ready and Survivor. Looks like that Survivor leaked, but I found no link to it. "Cat's" was written by Hannah Robinson and Jewels & Stone.]
In My Arms - This sounds very much like the 80's; the synths are exciting and iconic. But the marvelous drums and the guittars give a New Rave sound to it. The chorus is cute and Dream Pop-ish, when Kylie asks "how do you describe a feeling?/how does it feel in my arms?". It's tied with "Cat's" as my favorite.
Fall For You - It is fast and catchy, I love it.
Sensitized - This has strings and drum arrangements that sounds a lot like 1998's Cowboy Style. But there's a weird thing about it: a woo that is repeated throughout the song and after the 1st minute starts to get annoying. I hope she erases it on the final version.
Stars - Romantic song with a cute pop/rock feeling. The lyrics are beautiful.
Download them before they arrest me for distributing stolen material [DQ... lol] or the links expire.
[Song: In My Arms - Kylie Minogue]

3 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

YAY!
OMG I told ya I wasn't crazy when I mentioned "In My Arms".
OMG HOOOO I'm in love with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's soooooo romantic and pretty (you know we die when she says she doesn't want to be alone *cries*).
OK I'll listen to the rest now.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

OMG HOOOOO!
What happened to her voice?
It's GORGEOUS!
*cums*
I liked the wooooos in "Fall For You" lol.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

OK last comment.
OMG ho I'll implode!!!!!!!
I'm in fucking love with "In My Arms".
*sings*
don't wanna be alooone!