BitchyList

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Last days in paradise...

As soon as I came back from Inhambupe, Mariana "moved in" with me. Her aunt travelled and she was homeless, so I invited her to stay with me at my cousin's. Well, it was amazing.

Mariana is so vivacious, she's always ready to shake off the laziness, put the feet on the road and go. On Monday we went to Barra [my oficially favorite neighborhood in Salvador] a little bit late - around 3:30pm - so we couldn't go to the beach. We met Alais at the mall and we had some Burger Kings and chocolates at this heavenly candy store and as we left and were ready to go home we met an Alais' friend, João. He was the crap! He had ADD and was always ready to spill silly and meaningless jokes just to call attention, but still we went out with him. He bought [bad] wine and went to his house. I was cool as long as I had free wine and doritos, Mariana was pissed so she relied on the wine and Alais couldn't simply say no to the guy [he didn't make a move on her though]. Alais, Mariana and I domained the conversation and we really didn't care if the guy wasn't getting all... yaaaay, we are the bitches!! When the wines were over and Mariana and I were really tipsy he drove us home and I had two women on my bed!!! Hahaha... as if!

The other day Alais went to work [she's been helping this dumb american to do some medical stuffs in town] and Mariana and I went to the beach. We left around noon and we spent the greatest part of the day in a bus to arrive the place. When we got there we took a long walk on the beach in the search for Alais' aunt's bar, and when we finally gave up we sat down took pics of the marvelous sea, swimed and had marvelous seafood. Later we went to the airport where we bought books [we can't get in a bookstore without buying one at least]. We had a delicious pizza and then I bought this gorgeous red sweater I fell in love with, along with a gift for Juh.

Yesterday we went to the beach again, this time at Barra, where I got part of the tan I wanted. We met Alais who was a bit stressed with her boss. We headed again to the mall where we ate [Burger King ROCKS!!]. Then I met my mom at another mall and when Alais and I were about to see The Break Up, she got the news that her ex-boyfriend's dad was dying and he needed her, so we went home. When I arrived, Mariana had already left to Conquista and I started to pack...

I'm leaving Salvador tonight and I already miss it. So it's decided: I'll live here next year.

[Song: Heartbeat - Annie]

No comments: