BitchyList

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Who Would Say...

That I'd be so excited about soccer? Today, as I had my lunch and watched World Cup's Portugal and England match, I found myself cheering and trembling with anxiety!! I don't care at all about soccer, or any other kind of sport, but lately I've been into it a lot.

Last night I watched a documentary about legendary Brazillian soccer player Pelé, the best athlete of the century. Cinematically speaking it's very louzy and silly, it seems more like a tv show than a film, but uhg, I was dazed with Pelé's moves and the way he played. All the things he invented on soccer and how genius was his game.

Today, Brasil lost and now leaves the World Cup. Most of the country, even being fanatics, recognize the coach's louzy job that had in his hands a genius team and managed to fail with it. No, I won't bore you with soccer talk but I'm actually happy about it cuz now that the panis et circense of the Brazillian stupid was taken away we'll focus on what should be the main attention of this very clever people: the elections.

So, here goes the ode to every politician:
"I don't wanna hear
I don't wanna know
Please don't say you're sorry
I've seen it all before
And I, can take care of myself
I don't wanna hear
I don't wanna know
Please don't say forgive me
I've heard it all before
And I, can't take it anymore"

Yaaay Brasil!! Let's make a carnaval of it and repeat the same mistakes as we have no past to learn from! \o/

[Song: Don't Stop - Madonna]

No comments: