BitchyList

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Prime

The power of romantic comedies... how can I start?

I rewatched Prime yesterday and I felt all its power as if I were seeing it for the first time. Bryan Greenberg and Uma Thurman were way hotter this time (not to mention La Streep), but the movie itself was the sweet thing. The couple's story and path is so sober and real and so to do with the state of mind I'm in.

I hate when I get obsessed about things (liar) but this whole quirkyalone thing has been lifting my mood a lot and Prime is such a quirkyalone movie!! It's subtle, funny and so far away from the romantic crap Hollywood so loves. The soundtrack is delicious and there's no better sceneario for a romantic comedy than New York.

I'm also reading Anaïs Nïn erotic tales and, despite of the straight narration, I'm feeling very inspired by them. Well, this indeed sounded dirty, but the way Nïn describes the sex scenes is so poetic and still explicit and visceral that it touches you in both, sensual and literary way. Hmm... well yes, I'm writing an erotic tale myself as well...

(Song: All Good Things (Come To An End) - Nelly Furtado)

No comments: