BitchyList

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

"Other cities always make me mad..."

Other places always make me sad
No other city ever make me glad
Except Salvador
I love Salvador
I love Salvador..."

Whenever I'm here and whenever I sing G-d's I Love New York, I sing it like that. This town really inspires me.

I arrived here three days ago [Sunday] by car with my father and his "girlfriend" Rita. She's a marvel!! With an acid and wry humor she did clever jokes during the whole trip. As soon as we entered the city we went straight to the airport where she was to take a plane to Spain!!! I mean, SPAIN!!! Jesus, I was so jealous of her. She's there to a Literature congress and of course: fun! She just told me on the MSN that she watched Carmem yesterday. Yes, the opera!! And I just had Superman!!! [About that later...] At the airport I had sushi (twice) and bought books as usual: Woolf's Mrs Dalloway [Rita recommended the book The Hours, which made me love her even more], Shelley's Frankstein and Shakespeare's King Lear.

On Monday I met my mom. She's thinner and lovely, but still troubled. I wasn't expecting to see her any better, but I got surprised because she's actually okay. Her boyfriend has been supporting and understanding during her dark times. Unfortunatelly the good moments were spoiled by the egos of my father and hers. When she went home I remained at the mall with my dad as we talked about random stuff and I avoided to talk about my mom. I didn't want to be even more upset by inhaling their dramas. So we got a newspaper and saw the good things in town for us to do. I SMSed Mariana and we went to this chic and cozy bar called French Quartier to see a Jazz gig.

Mariana arrived there an hour later. I was already in my second marguerita and the guy playing SUCKED!!! He was a German playing American music in a Bahia bar!! It was like the Tower of Babel, but who-knows-why G-d didn't destroy that one, so I had to rely on the mags to reel in that awful drummer. So the three of us sat there [Lucas having one mag after the other] and talked about everything that came in mind in the best of the stream of consciousness way. 15 mags later [which made my dad mad for it was dang expensive] we were kicked off the bar, cuz it was closing. The night ended with my dad and I buying stuff on a supermarket and walking around lashing our lives [his actually, because I'm a transparent lady with no secrets *cogh-cogh*].

Tuesday morning [1 pm] came up spinning like a record and I had this awful hang over that not even more sushi or Superman cured me. At first we visited this college in which I plan to study next year [yes, I'm thinking in moving up to Salvador]. Then, at the mall, I bugged my father to buy me Nelly Furtado's Loose, that is expensive as hell but I don't care, I gotta have it!! He didn't do it so I got bored and grumpy and after lunch I bought a ticket to watch Superman... alone.

When the lights went down and the advertisements started [uhg we have ads on the theatre before the trailers] this semi-cute guy sat next to me. Of course the bitch in me imagined the sluttiest scenes in the dark room, but the guy turned out to be a mess-maker bringing a picnic to the movies. HUGE turn off since the film's sounds divided attention with his chewing and coke drinking.

But well, when the movie started that classic theme gave me chills!! I really felt moved and excited with that music, but the movie was just ok. Kate Bosworth was dazzling, but her Louis Lane wasn't as sassy and stunning as Hatcher's [which is the one I remember]. Brandon Routh was WOW and HOT, his acting is whatever, but acting isn't exactly important in such movies. However, two people were marvelous. First, James Marsden, always hot, but very subtle as Richard White, Louis' "husband". And second, Parker Posey, as Kitty, Lex Luthor's fuck. She was the fun mood of the movie. Her lines were dummie as expected from a comic book badguy pet-girl but Posey was so full of life and funny with her louzy acting that one could not not love her.

After the movie I ate [more shrimp] and drooled on the cute guys that passed me by and then I asked a Japanese Buda that was being exposed on the mall to bring me a boyfriend. Yes my friends, I got this lame...

Now, I'm here writing it and hoping that my ho logs on before I go off.

[Song: I Love New York - Madonna]

No comments: