BitchyList

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

White Flag

I never really imagined about a day I'd meet someone I had a fling with after the fling is done. I may have put myself in friends' place, or daydreamed in a cinematically way, but never been through that. Well, today, it happened.
I was here sat by my own, chating with Jose and trying to figure out something to do after he left to school until Nathalia calls me. We went to the mall to have a snack [even though I wasn't hungry], chat and later we'd come back here to watch a classic [An Affair To Remember]. When we arrived there, who is the first person I see? Gustavo. Yeah, him!! I turned to Nathalia and warned her, and as he noticed me he cast me his usual childish charming grin, beaconed, lip-synched a "hi" and kept talking with his girlfriend. I did the same and my first reaction was to act cool and continue the matter Nathalia and I were having before we see him, despite Nathalia's attempts to bring him to the conversation.
And okay, I held as long as I could [30 seconds] and started to talk about him. I placed myself in a position I could see his table. His friend was looking towards my direction but not exactly at me, just as I did. I felt huge goosebumps, chills all over my spine and a whirlwind of rememberances hit my head. As I tell you now it may sounded like a cheap soap opera, but it was very real, classy and mature. Nathalia and I talked about many subjects but he sneaked into the talk sometimes. When we left, we walked by his table and I said good-bye. We traded smiles and a shinning glance that brought me back those known goosebumps.
Now as I think of it, now that I first experienced a reencounter, I feel like that Dido's song:
And when we meet
Which I'm sure we will
All that was then
Will be there still
I'll let it pass
And hold my tongue
And you will think
That I've moved on
But I indeed want to put my hands up and surrender, even though he is still as cute as always and just his appearance made such an impression on me all over again.
[Song: Peach Trees - Rufus Wainwright]

No comments: