BitchyList

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Joy Of Drunkard

As my father spoke I suddenly noticed something that I'm sure I wouldn't, at any other time: the bright light of day, so strong on his face, suddenly shifted to a darker and more sober one. We were indoors and I could slowly notice the effect of a cloud hiding the sun. In normal conditions I would have hardly noticed it... what wasn't normal about me? Differently from the light after the clouding, I was slightly drunk.
Today was my last lunch with father before I'd return to Salvador; alright I'm returning to Conquista in few days for the Winter festival, but still he took me to a fancy French restaurant. Before the marvelous seafood risotto, I had a glass of wine and two dry martinis, which made me tipsy; but the way my father's [sober] words got into my ears and their lazy but still active effect on me were amazing. I suddenly found myself thinking "I could have this forever 24/7!"
Then when I was at home I plugged my headphones to Björk's Vespertine Live album on my mp3 player and as I lied down I listened to Cocoon and it felt like my very first time doing it. All the clicks and beeps from Matmos's performance, but above all: the lovely voice of Björk, singing like someone in love, a song about a surprisingly beautiful and exciting love; a love between a curious girl, that - let's admit it - had a few prejudices about the boy in question; and when she woke for the second time in his arms, she noticed he was like a chain of pearls ["cabin by cabin"] that came directly from the ocean to a girl like her. And even after sharing her core he stayed "going nowhere", still inside of her!
A foolish and very known romantic wave hit my shores. Not a tsunami, a bearable one but still romantic... how are those bearable? Thankfully I instantly fell asleep as Aurora started and the lovely drunkness didn't allow me to remember anything I might'd dreamed. My current romanticism is not as cuckoo's as first semester's, but it's here as martinis helped me notice, like they helped me to see the daylight shifting.
In a cynical mode I could easily say I'd like to see and feel things in that slow pace forever.
Note to ho: watch the video hosie, you'll like it too.
[Song: Cocoon - Björk]

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Why were the two Jack Osbourne look-a-likes touching each other?