BitchyList

Monday, August 20, 2007

Madonna Week: Top 10 Most Underused Songs [Rectification]

If you check out last post's comments you'll see the ho bitching on me. Now here I am doing what he tells me.
Honorable Mention #2*:
- Skin [from Ray Of Light]
When I became a fan I started reading every trivia about everything Madonna did. When I was studying the Drowned World Tour I found out that many fans got pissed when they learned that "Skin" was substituted for Nobody's Perfect on the final setlist [they'd say "Skin" is way superior]. I LOVE "Skin", but it would not fit on the Geisha Set concept. However I agree that "Skin" deserved and deserves a live performance. This sound and rhythm cornucopia starts as if it's been playing forever; that way you soon find yourself immersed in a hopeless call for the sacred and the profane, in which she desperately claims for physical soothing ["put your hands on my skin"], while her mind tries to remind her she's "not like this all the time". All while you hear a melody that is just as desperate and apparently disconnected from itself and everything else, but is actually the perfect description of such person's state of mind.
For this reason [I mean, this whole abstraction] this song deserved to have a worthy live performance.
*Obviously this song would not be an HM, but I'm way too drunk now to think which position it'd reach on the list.

No comments: