BitchyList

Monday, January 14, 2008

Amy Adams, I Love You!

When I watched Junebug I instantly fell in love with her. Her character had a naivité that broke my heart in a thousand pieces everytime she was onscreen. From that moment on she became to me one of those actresses I'd be happy to follow the works and root for at any awards season.
Friday I watched Charlie Wilson's War and for my surprise there she was, stunningly beautiful with her huge blue eyes trotting loyally behind Tom Hanks/Mr. Wilson as his assistant, I couldn't take my eyes off her, and when she and Julia were both onscreen I had horrible inner struggles to decide which I'd direct most of my attention.
So yesterday I hurried to the cinema as soon as I knew Enchanted had openned - even if it was fucking dubbed. And despite that turndown I still felt a joy in the theatre that I didn't feel in a long time! I felt so in the mood that even popcorn I bought! And I'm definitely not a fan of popcorn.
Enchanted is the usual Disney silly children oriented comedy, but the first good part of it is how adoringly self-indulgent it is, paying homage to most of Disney's biggest classic animations.
The second and most important part of Enchanted being worthy your money is surely Amy Adams; to know that the film is silly is obvious but you'll never feel it from Adams's so beautiful and humble performance. You never feel the film being judged from her, especially because it seems like she's having the time of her life playing Giselle's maneirisms. Was that musical scene at the Central Park solely designed to make me happy? And when she arrives at the ball, was that dress solely picked up to make my breath flee my lungs completely?
Despite the film's flaws you can't help loving it because of Adams. I left the theatre so happy that I didn't mind walking home - I did it singing it.
I just saw at IMDb that next year she'll be on the silver screen under the direction of Norah Ephron. Guess who's going to be her co-star...
[Song: That's How You Know - Amy Adams]

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Like the title from your previous post, I don't blame you.