BitchyList

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Anticipating...

Unconsciously, the previous post was some kind of prelude to that famous New Year resolution list that we all put effort in doing, but few of us actually practice them.
Well, knowing me as you do in which box do you think I fit in? I don't believe we should plan our lives because a lot of things in it doesn't depend on our simple will and desires, but there are some things that we can think in advanced, some targets and goals to be accomplished. I don't do a list à lá Bridget Jones, but I set goals I want in life and pose myself to try to do them in the year-to-come.
That in theory. Since I never actually write down anything I tend to forget all the resolutions by January the 2nd; sometimes I remember during the year, but it's not like I officially put them on paper as an agreement between me and myself. This year though I'll do it differently.
No, I'm not going to start writing it on this post, but I'm going to start thinking about it. For me 2006 is already over; even though Sargitarius has just begun and it's supposedly "the month of miracles" I would label [ick... here I go doing it again] such happenings as "2007 preludes". Yeah, maybe I should let go and just live... but you see, that's what I've been doing and there are some things about this [and me] that I still don't like, so maybe it's time for a change.
From today on I'm going to start revisiting my year; reviewing the highlights, the turning points, all the things I said I'd do and didn't and if they're still part of who I am and what I want to be, etc etc. Perhaps I should have done this few months earlier for Rosh Hashnnah, but I don't think it's too late... and according to my Christian upbringing I've still got time.
Oh, what does all of this have to do with Live To Tell and the mirrored cross?
Well, you know... stream of consciousness.
[Song: Got To Be Certain - Kylie Minogue]

No comments: