BitchyList

Monday, November 06, 2006

"There Is No Such Thing As Regret"

I finally decided to watch Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind. Kate Winslet is G-d! How can one woman be so absolutely charming and lovely and still weirdo and impulsive? She's a true chameleon, changing personalities in each movie; she doesn't act, she IS!! Jim Carey is amazing as well but so underrated; to think that Foxx son of a bitch was the big thing about last year. These people are NUTS!!
But this is not what this post is about. What is most delightful about this movie is that it plays about something human beings love to do: wish they could erase certain things.
"There is no such thing as regret", I like to remind myself and this film reassured that in me. Why erase something that made you grow, that taught you something? By the end of it I had tears in my eyes, but from happiness due to the hope the film brings.
So, I decided to ignore all the indie hype that this film's got and simply adore it for being dang beautiful.
[Song: Wouldn't Change A Thing - Kylie Minogue]

No comments: