BitchyList

Thursday, November 23, 2006

I want a turkey. I want a turkey for me.

We don't have thanksgiving in Brasil and I don't have gringo-ed friends to give a thanksgiving dinner. But still I can thank all the blessings, so I hop on the wave and do my Thankgivings post.
So, thank G-d for:
- dentist appointments on stormy days;
- stormy days full of inspiration;
- inspiration made into art;
- art made by Madonna;
- Madonna making the people come together;
- come together to the one person that understands;
- to understand that person as well;
- well and healthy Kylie;
- Kylie Minogue's beautiful and sorrowful joyous music;
- music that makes me happy;
- happiness given by tv;
- tv: Sawyer, Bree, Lorelai(s)... Sex And The City;
- Bushnell, Parker, Nixon, Catrall and Davis;
- Alais and her unique intelligence;
- intelligence that is as well in me;
- my girlie "me", Nathalia;
- me for being so sarcastic;
- sarcasm that brings me reason to laugh;
- laughter hours spent with the ho;
- the ho... oh third time I thank for him;
- all the virtual men that comes in and out of my life;
- the crushes that irks my brain to think;
- think and write things like this site;
- trade the day for the night;
- my dad with his adorable although sometimes irksome speeches;
- my mom and her very own manual of "how not to be";
- my sis for the same reason;
- my ghost too;
- oh Maria Bethânia!!
- have I already thanked for Madge and Kylie?
- what about the source of bliss? Yeah the films, the films, the films, the films!!!
- Greta Garbo, and Monroe; Dietrich and DiMaggio. Marlon Brando, Jimmy Dean, on the cover of a magazine. Grace Kelly; Harlow, Jean. Picture of a beauty queen. Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire. Ginger Rogers, dance on air. They had style, they had grace; Rita Hayworth gave good face; Lauren, Katharine, Lana too. Bette Davis, we love you. Ladies with an attitude; fellows that were in the mood. Don't just stand there, let's get to it. Strike a pose, there's nothing to it... yeah, you all know what I mean!
- the body, the mind, the soul;
- the life I'm writing with my words;
- everyone that is helping me on it;
- and You of course that permits me to be.
Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: