BitchyList

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Nine Weird Things About Lucas

Hosie told me to do it via his blog and I got a bit lazy to think immediately about these nine things about me... but here we are, no more delay, let's go.
1. I have a total disdain about my sister's tastes. She is one tacky girl it's true, but not in the Beyoncé funny light way; she really believes she's the milk and cereals in everybody's spoon. So, when she decides to like something I like, I see myself losing complete interest for the thing; this time is Lindsay Lohan. I shall pray she'll keep ignoring Madonna and Kylie.
2. From time to time I get obsessed about something. Early this year I got back a Kylie fever, when I downloaded all her of albums, deepened my Minogue studies and ended importing some of her discography that wasn't released in this [crappy] country of mine. Later I got a Jane Fonda fever while I read her autobiography, I felt like watching everything about her; I've been buying the DVDs and she's frequent example and role model. Then came the TV obsession: when I moved back to Bahia I found myself without cable TV; so to satisfy my boredom when internet and books didn't thrill me for a while I rented TV series on DVD. I died with Lost's first and second seasons and devoured entirely Sex And The City in three weeks. The latter is my current love and I don't feel like replacing it to anything else! [I even bought the book!]
3. I only wear black underwears. I don't know why, I don't know when it started but my underwears are never other color but black. The only non-black underwear I have is navy blue.
4. I like to know and learn new things, especially when it comes to music, films, arts in general. So, I often force myself to like something. Not superficially of course, I don't like things to show off or make an impression; when I decide to like a band, for example, I do a mini research on its biography and discography [viva Wikipedia!]. I had an Emo era, when I studied a lot of the Emo culture, listened to the music and there even was a photoshoot; an Indie era, all I listened to were Bright Eyes, Death from Above 1979 and of course Belle And Sebastian. My latest undertaking was New Order.
5. There is something on my pheromones or countenance that screams SHRINK! Most people I know tend to look for me when they're needing advice or help in figuring something about them. I'm a master in relationships troubles even if I never had any real one; I can also help you to deal family issues, school, friends etc etc. This is not an advertisement, truth be told I sometimes get tired of people only looking for me when they've got trouble; BUT I don't complain and I mostly like the task.
6. When I listen to a CD I have to listen to it completely: from the begining till the end; I don't skip tracks, I actually think it's a major crime to do so, and I hate when I'm forced to pause it. The reason for this sissiness is somehting similar to #4; I like to have my own points of view and impressions on things, especially music; so I believe that if I restrain myself to listen only to the single releases in an album I attach myself only to the artist's [aka label, charts, industry] points of view.
7. I have a weird relationship with my hair. I love it and I want to keep it pretty and new. It's shoulder length now [the way I like it], but it's been black, blue and now it's accidentally blond. It's a long story and as Jose [motherfucker] stormed out I look like an O'Zone member. I am of course devastated and I want my pretty dark hair back.
8. I take on different identities and last names according to my current literary/artistic/cinematic obession. Right now I am Bradshaw, before I was Bennet; I was also Simon Alone, Lucas DeLarge/Alexander Dantas and some others.
9. If you ever walk down the street or the mall with me and I resist entering a CD, book or DVD store, please shoot me because it's an impostor!! People in Brasil love the smell of new cars, I love the smell of new books; I have orgasms ripping the plastic cover from CDs and DVDs and if the acrylic boxes of them break I am devastated. In other words, my books, my CDs and my DVDs are my everything, my patrimony; I spend all my money in them and I demand respect and care about them.
I would like Alais and Gabriel to do the list too; whether on their blogs or their flogs. And Nathalia must do it too, I don't care where but she must!
[Song: Beethoven's 5th Symphony]

No comments: