BitchyList

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Envious

Last night I went out with family to watch one of the funniest plays I've ever seen, A Bofetada.
But one thing called my attention in the theatre before the play had started: two of my High School classmates were there [they didn't see me]. But they're not ordinary classmates; they were HS sweethearts and guess what, they are still together! I've heard they're getting married as soon as both finish college, but dude, they're still together!!
What are the odds to find the love of your life in so early age? We all know that life in adolescence is all party and descovering, therefore no time and maturity to find the life-partner. Not that I'm worried about finding a life-partner, but yeah I envied them a little bit, especially because they still seemed fabulous and in love. We can't say these things for certain because in the bedroom no one but them knows what happens, but the image of them still together after four years... nowadays, what the fuck!
Why the image of them bothers or at least touches us so deeply? Is it because we're all envious bitches hating everyone else who has what we don't, in this case a relationship? Are we so media oriented that end up waiting forever for the relationship that will validate us? What if it never comes, will we be nobody forever?
Fine, it's obvious I'm very Carrie Bradshaw influenced lately, but an enquirying mind like mine can't help thinking about these things when it sees itself facing a slight jealousy over other people's stability in the love life. I can't help feeling a bit frustrated for being so mainstream influenced about these things. The media showers us with people falling in love and finding their lobsters and these people are the role models, the picture perfect of how a life should be.
I honestly don't want to live like that: waiting for the one to come and hating my life in the mean time or worst, ignoring all things accomplished before he came along. It's easy to say "fuck it" to everyone, but is it as easy to really don't care and be not affected by all the showers?
[Song: Live And Learn - Kylie Minogue]

No comments: