BitchyList

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sex And The City Raving - Part... Who's Counting Anyway?

Last night I finished watching my favorite show of all times. Hands down! This show opened my mind about certain things that I want to accomplish in life and reassured others that I already had in mind.
As I said previously I wanna become Carrie Bradshaw. And gosh how I wanna do what she does; I want to write... no no, more than that I want to live my job, do something that will force me to try new things, to reinvent myself; something that will also give me enough money to be chic as Carrie and the girls, of course! I want to go to clubs and cool bars, be a fashion expert and of course have all those men!
Okay enough of superficial queeny reveries, the reason why Sex And The City touched me so much is because these women are fabulous and SINGLE!!! They need no man to validate them and even though they're in the search for love and sometimes get too obsessive about the other sex, they're wonderful for themselves, for what they do and how they behave. They're intelligent, independent and successful. That's a statement about women and feminism that is rarely said so openly and unpretentiously like this show did. It never preached about life styles and even dared to doubt itself: Carrie and the girls by the end somehow ended up doing things they'd never imagine themselves doing, and some of us never expected them to do; but deep down they never stopped being themselves.
I want brunches with gorgeous friends!
I want Dolce & Gabbana parties!
I want Cosmopolitans!
And Prada!!
[Song: Jump - Madonna]

No comments: