BitchyList

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Mr. Match's Father

I said here before that I'm great in giving relationship advices despite my lack of relationship to the date. It's not often that I find myself being called by people to help them in seeing clearer their thoughts about their relationships, or obsessions.
As my little confession for this post I sometimes feel annoied by people's insistence in having limited views about themselves. When you are a "match maker" you are able to see the big picture that the person ignores for being immersed in the problem; I believe that's normal with everyone and I myself have been through that [during my web relationship] and probably will be through it again. But honestly after each experience one is able to [and must] learn something about itself and "the game"; nah, people still do the same mistakes, act the same way over and over again bumping with their heads against the wall and suffering in places they have been before.
However when I talk to my father about these things, I feel like a normal person. I still give my opinions and make my theories about the game; but maybe because he's a way more experienced man than I am I never feel like a couple's counselor. [Strangely I don't feel the same way with my mother; actually there are a lot of times I feel more like the parent than the son when it comes to my mom.]
Tonight as we dined at this cozy bistro he talked about his favorite subject: Rita [and since I'm very recluse lately I didn't try to change it]. And there I was sharing my ideas of how she might be acting in their relationship and having a far more intersting back-up: the conscious and aware of the feelings involved; the back-up of a grown person. All my friends are pratically my age and I can say I don't think much differently or better than any of them, so to know a more lived point of view is amazing. My father provided me what most of my friends [and also myself] can't have all the time, especially when it comes to love material: maturity.
[Song: I'm Sorry - Kylie Minogue]

No comments: