BitchyList

Friday, July 20, 2007

High School Reunion

Yes, I had one last night. Not in the Romy and Michelle's molds; some of the people only got together at the café to judge each other's deeds in the past three and a half years and gossip about [of course] those who weren't there.
For a while I rejected the idea of meeting most of these guys; I've always imagined there wouldn't be anything weirder than that, like meeting monkeys at the zoo and still talking to them; blank conversations, empty smiles etc etc. But I turned out to be very wrong.
When Purki and I arrived we met them inside the café already sat and talkative, we hi-ed everyone and soon forced everyone to sit outside beacuse of our cigarettes. And everything mention above was done, except the fact that there weren't as much ego trip as I thought that would be. Acutally meeting some of them was really comforting and fun; maybe I didn't feel that much because I just started drinking and didn't give a bit of care about ego talks. Which in the end was very funny, beacuse some us ended up going to a party afterwards.
So Lucas [this third person talk thing got me good] remember to relax and just keep being yourself in such moments: a "verbally incontinent spinster who drinks like a fish, smokes like a chimney and dresses like her mother."
[Song: In My Arms - Kylie Minogue]

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

If you fall you can look and you will find me
Time after time

I imagined you and Purki doing that dance in the café.
*giggles*