BitchyList

Monday, July 23, 2007

Horny Birthday!!!

Alright! Alright!! I confess, when I first read Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone I wanted to be the young Potter. I never had a problem with age, so far I never wished I was older nor younger, but as I devoured the pages from that charming book I - a 13-years-old kid - wished I was 11, so I'd be up to receive the Hogwarts' [or any other wizardry school] letter. The thing is, Literature like every other art, when done decently, can not only transport you to wonderful places, but also can bring out from your guts wishes and desires you'd never show to anyone.
Back at my 13's my parents were getting separated and although there was nothing traumatic [for me] in that experience, dreaming of a place that everything could be solved with magic wasn't very hard or not appealing.
If I had started reading the Harry Potter books today I mightn't be as impressed or excited but I don't like being that anachronic. Back then the "Sorcerer's Stone" fascinated me and made me so excited about that world that got me back the passion I had for Literature. J.K. Rowling's narrative is deffinitely not Woolf or Joyce but it's hooking and charming, and though it might not impress an experienced reader so much, it's a marvelous start and incentive for those who are beginning to enjoy the art of words.
But why am I Harry Potter-ing here? Well, for a very cinematical reason. It's true that I already purchased the Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows and am just waiting for it's arrival via mail, but today is Daniel Radcliffe's, the silver-screen Harry Potter, birthday. When I read the books I was already a movie aficionado and was already imagining the film; with, yes I confess, myself on the role of the learn-yearning and pubescent wizard.
But then came Radcliffe who was totally cute but completelly plain on the first movie. But what's interesting is that like Potter, Radcliffe has been acting like a desirous actor, who's willing to go further and to overcome himself at each work. He was slightly better on the 4th movie Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire and recently received warming reviews on his effort on Peter Shaffer's Equus recent revival.
The latter got everyone startled with the fact that Harry Potter would appear naked and simulating masturbation on the theatre. Those who weren't startled were obviously horny. That gives away the reason of that title... so, let's all give a hurray for Radcliffe and me for writting one of the most senseless posts ever!![Song: One Day - Björk]

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

By your pic I thought you were going to announce that Daniel had joined a Village People tribute.