BitchyList

Monday, July 30, 2007

The S Word

I read today a post the ho posted yesterday about the holiday of Tu'Bav, that happens to be the most positive day of the year in which it's the easiest to find your soulmate. I of course forgot about it by the course of the weekend.
For a minute I got disappointed with myself for the negligence. In seconds flashes of all the faces I saw throughout the holiday period runned through my mind and I wondered if any of them was a nominee for that position in my life. But that led me to asking myself if finding my soulmate meant I'd have to be romantically involved with that person. I reckon this is not the truth, but still that concept clings into me.
1- From all the romances/heartbreaks that I've had, none of them, even in the darkest times, felt like my [runaway] soulmate. 2- The only people that I ever considered as such were always friends with whom I find almost impossible to be romantically involved with. Then I get to the point that though I trully wish I'll find the one in this lifetime, I don't expect him to be my soulmate, because [numbers again]: 1- I don't often fuss my mind with the s word and 2- probably my concept of soulmate, the one that is really rooted in me, doesn't walk through the path of flames that is romance.
This, when I look at the big picture, goes beyond my skepticism; because instead of a heartburn it gives me a surprising peace of mind. The ho says on his post:
"What is going on in the world if people believe that a soulmate is a disposable element that can change according to your mood, how many beers you had or how much a stranger turns you on?"
and that felt like lullaby to me, because it reassured in me the very concept I always had. If at the end of my life I find myself "the one"-less, I'll try to remind myself I had with me beautiful people that added so much to my evolution as a human being, even if for brief encounters. That's my idea of soulmate.
[Song: Intervention - Madonna (like the ho)]

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Yay I'm a new kabbalah guru and now that you mention it I think I agree that sometimes soulmates don't have to necessarily be romantic...
but I'm still horny as hell u.u