BitchyList

Monday, July 09, 2007

Top 5 Moments of Madonna At The Live Earth

*breathes relieved*
To say that I had completely lost my faith in Madonna after the dreadful Hey You is way too dramatic, even for me. The fact is I've been very anti-Madonna ever since that crap was released, being swayed only by some good old ballads and a bunch of 80's/90's non-hits. So I guess it's no news I wasn't a single bit excited about her performance on the London leg of the Live Earth concerts yesterday. So much I didn't hesitate in going to a rave in a nearby town [Itapetinga] instead of staying home and watching the concerts, something I would surely have done back on my Madge-obsessed days... and I'm not very fond of rave parties, just for the record.
Before it, while we ate at a bar in Itapetinga we saw on the news flashes from the concerts all over the world, including the Hey You and Ray Of Light performances; first thoughts from everyone "wow she's gorgeous," but then we didn't pay much attention since it's a common sense in The Cigarette Club that we hate Hey You.
However, today I obviously looked up for the videos on the YouTube and I feel as if a huge guilt has been taken off of my shoulders. [Yes, I'm on drama-queen mode.] You see, even though I act bitchy and careless about it, a fear always got me whenever I thought of Hey You and how it got me bored about almost everything related to Madonna. Even the up and coming news about her next album weren't able to put me in a more optimistic perspective.
The LE performances didn't make me totally excited about her forthcoming stuff, but reminded me of why she's G-d. Here are my favorite things about them:
5. Addie Yungmee
She's been working with Madge since the 2001 Drowned World Tour [she's that erotic contortionist from the Candy Perfume Girl performance, for those who have seen the show] and for me it's always a pleasure to look at her. She's exotic and beautiful and has such an aura whenever she's there strutting her stuff with Madge. To see her again on the LE with less limited stage-time made me cum. Some people love that Cloud-crap [the only man on the left pic], I prefer Addie's sexy and kind of hypnotic persona.
4. Hung Up
I realized it's always a pleasure to hear this song; anywhere and anytime. And man how HOT that bitch looks humping that radio!!
3. The Voice
I once talked to the ho that what mostly pained me in Hey You was her voice. It's beyond perfect and wasted on that annoying thing! But in studio Paris Hilton can become Maria Callas, so it was the live performance that would make the test. And oh gawd, all the high notes sung with perfection, not losing the control of her voice for a single second and still looking so effortless! And I must confess that that made Hey You grow a little bit in me... *hides*
This New York City's Lower East Side's gypsy-punk band has contributed with three songs for her upcoming short movie Filth And Wisdom, and lead singer Eugene Hütz stars it. Well, since Madonna is known for showing off [in a good way] whenever she's excited about something, she invited two of the eight band members, Eugene and violinist Sergey Ryabstev, to the show. Their featuring was so damn cool that it made me excited about "Filth And Wisdom" and listening more of their quirky sound, that was greatly important for choosing my #1 moment of Madge's gig.
1. La Isla Bonita
Forget Hey You with the corny Mariah Carey-esque children choir [although those children were so cute - the one Madge sings sided with at the very ending looks so happy to be with her], and the boring Confessions Tour revamp from Ray Of Light. The lucky star from Madonna's set on the UK leg from the Live Earth was [as I like to say] La Isla Gostosa!
This was when Gogol Bordello came up on the stage and what a helluva performance they did. Her interaction with them was so sexy and fun to watch that it was then, at that very moment I knew my love for her is miles away from diminishing. The melody arrangement was similar from the CT's but Bordello's quirky guitar, violin and Rumanian vocals turned the song into an orgasmic celebration of latin cultural miscegenation [the Rumanian is a neo-latin language]. Okay, there's only one way you knowing what I'm poorly trying to describe. [Re]Watching it!

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Thank G-d she did Hey You first, I would've hated it bringing us down after all the energy from the latter performances.