BitchyList

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Heartbroken Podcast

Uhg, yesterday at Portuguese Language Studies class we watched this documentary about... err... the Portuguese language. So, you all know saudade. Of course there was a moment they said about saudade and there was this genius fado band [Madredeus] playing this beautiful song Ecos Na Catedral. Well, I'm a drama-queen, therefore you know I cried. So, this is simply the mixtape for/from this heartbroken bitch. Corny? Sure! Care? Not a fuck. There are about 40 songs, download as you please or just note how pathetic I am.
2. Where Does The Good Go? - Tegan And Sara [that's all you ask yourself when a love affair is over]
3. Lamb - Gorecki ["If I should die this very momen/I wouldn't feel/For I've never known completeness/Like being here with you/Wrapped in the warmth of you/Loving every breath of you/Still my heart this moment/Oh it might burst"... 'nuff said]
4. Spring - Saint Etienne [Etienne knows how to bring the most heartbreakingly optimistic songs]
5. Dreamsome - Shelby Lynne [it's from Bridget Jones's Diary soundtrack; whaddya think?]
6. Mr. Donut - Saint Etienne ["When I'm far from home/You call me on the phone/And tell me everything/That's happenin' in London/When I'm feeling blue/You call me something new/Another stupid name/That makes me smile..." *dies*]
7. Nothing Fails - Madonna [was there ever anything before this song was written?]
8. You're The One - Kylie Minogue [everything I'd like to say to...]
9. You've Got A Friend - Stacey Kent [wanna get cornier? Add some James Taylor on]
10. Jóga - Björk [the state of emergency]
11. Love Tried To Welcome Me - Madonna [who could've thought that Madge is usually drawn to sadness?]
12. Possibly Maybe - Björk [c'mon, you saw this one coming]
13. Samson - Regina Spektor [fuck, I'll cry again]
14. No Easy Love - Annie ["You rang the door one of a Sunday morning/Said that I was always on your mind"... and I'm still waiting]
15. Dull Flame Of Desire - Björk [one of the best romance stories ever written in song form]
16. How Insensitive - Astrud Gilberto [Vinicius de Moraes and Tom Jobim are G-ds]
17. O Caminho - Bebel Gilberto [try to be indifferent to this, even if you can't make shit out of the words]
18. Every Time We Say Goodbye - Ella Fitzgerald [do I really need to explain it?]
19. Legend - Nelly Furtado [I so much miss chilvary]
20. Qualquer Coisa - Caetano Veloso [simply beautiful]
21. Poney Honey Money - Cansei De Ser Sexy [simply cute... just giving me car memories]
22. Your Hands Are Cold - Dario Marianelli [Mr. Darcy and Miss Eliza Bennet... once again, whaddya think?]
23. Fallen - Sarah McLachlan [the G-d of making-us-cry]
24. Littlest Things - Lily Allen [hmm... now whole Conquista memories]
26. Aún Asi Te Vas - Belanova [this will always be one of my favorite heartbreak songs]
28. Pecado - Caetano Veloso [this is ours ho]
29. River - Madeleine Peyroux [less corny than Taylor, but still, Joni Mitchell]
30. A Home - Dixie Chicks [oh and there's also country music]
31. Try - Nelly Furtado [*cries*]
32. Wish I Could - Norah Jones ["We met in a place I used to go,/Now I just walk by it for show,/Can't bear to go in without you know,/Wish I could,/Wish I could." *cries*]
33. Lovely Head - Goldfrapp [this one's so weird, yet so beautiful]
34. Peach Trees - Rufus Wainwright [my favorite song quote in the whole wide world: "Cause I'm so tired of waiting in restaurants/Reading the critics and comics alone"]
35. Destiny - Zero 7 [just wish this was true to me... lol, ho you know I can get even worst!]
36. Sleep - Azure Ray [the "I can't sleep, I can't speak to you" chorus reminds Saint Etienne's "I can't sleep/thinking of you constantly"]
39. Happy Ending - Mika ["This is the way that we love,/Like it's forever./Then live the rest of our life,/But not together"]

2 comments:

andrés said...

will look at. but slowly. give us mere mortals a chance. :D

xoxo

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

OMG lol you're becoming a parody of yourself.
We know you love drama, but crying at school as you watch a documentary is the hyperbole of Lucas' hyperbole.
Nevertheless you picked really pretty songs, except for all those I won't even name (starts with M and rhymes with pica).
And yes Pecado is still our song.