BitchyList

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Where Does The Good Go?

Sooo... last night my editor came to me on the MSN and happily told me that everybody's been liking my columns! Suddenly I forgot for a while all the heartache I've been and a pure wave of joy took over me. I felt like dancing so I put some Kylie on; not a very wise choice since her lyrics are mostly heartbreaking, but this time I forgot about them and just danced around. Of course the effect didn't last long, but man, there's hope! And like Yehuda told me, I won't be compliant with depression for a long time. No, I'm not over, don't know when that'll happen, don't care either... let just things flow. But I'm willing and able to stand up and carry on.
But today, when the the DVD bullied me [I found out one of the kids threw the remote control's battery away] I came back to this computer, old bullying fellow of mine, and revisted a song that swayed my 2006 heartbreak: Tegan and Sara's Where Does The Good Go?. The lyrics are sad, the tune too and their performance just breaks your heart. But whadahell! This time it filled me with a weird sense of hope. I assume I'm obsessed about this heartbreak thing... there are even certain things I don't dare to mention, even in my mind. But this gloomy song suddenly gave me a desire to walk out, have a Light Coke and ice cream and cigarettes. And you know what, that's what I'm gonna do. Be right back to tell you what I saw...

2 comments:

andrés said...

congrats on the column. i always enjoy ur writing. but please, give urself a break...heartbreak can wait hile a good writer is celebrated. :D

or just change albums, jiji

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

...all the awful things and then you remember that song was featured in "The O.C" it makes anyone wanna kill themselves.