BitchyList

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sing-Along Ho!!

I love your eyes, my dear
their splendid, sparkling fire
when suddenly you raise them so
to cast a swift embracing glance
like lightning flashing in the sky
but there's a charm that is greater still:
when my love's eyes are lowered
when all is fired by passions kiss
and through the downcast lashes
I see the dull flame of desire
and through the downcast lashes
I see the dull flame of desire
Yes, totally useless post. But well, not so much. This is mine and ho's current music obsession. The poem by Fyodor Tyutchev gained Bjork's beautiful melody and Brian Chippendale's one-take-recorded drums. To top it all Björk invited Anthony Hegarty to the duet and her strong vocals combined with his beautiful velvet voice delivered a performance that is both soothing and disturbing. The horns arrangement matched with Chippendale's growing beats give to it an epic glamour, turning the Dull Flame Of Desire in one of the most beautiful romantic stories ever written in poem form.
Well, in other words, this song is gooooooooorgeous!!

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

I love your ass my dear
The fetid spanking fire
When suddenly you raise it so
To cause a swift embracing fart!

Ugh we need to start our poetry soon hosie!!!!!!!!!!!